Okay, so if it is hurricane season- can we hunt them? Catch them? KILL THEM???? Ah, wouldn't that be nice. We survived Gustav- it was a step up from Fay that is for sure. Sunday was beautiful- that was the day before the feeder bands. Monday morning I woke up to "BRRRRAAAAAPPP, BRRRRAAAAPPPP, BRRRRRAAAAAAAPPP THIS IS AN ALERT FROM THE MOBILE YADDA YADDA YADDA. A TORNADO WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR...."
okay here is my gripe. There were a total of over 100 of those things for the day. WARNINGS! Not just the WATCH. It was based on computer models, etc. etc. I TOTALLY understand, as they storms were moving 65mph, so it isn't like you could only base a tornado warning on eyewitnesses. I do have to say though, from 620 am to until I went to work they were telling me to go to a safe place for cover.
Whatever. If I am going to die like Dorothy, let me get my red shoes. Everyone knows I love glitter! I had my water, my food, my gas, candles, batteries, antibacterial wet wipes. I was ready for a hurricane. uh, so what was all this about tornadoes? Taking cover for a whole day. Didn't Gustav get the memo that we don't have basements here in Florida?
Anyways, we made it through- now there are more cooking. Hanna is going to take a quick business trip up the East Coast.
Ike, has us concerned. He is a bad mamma jamma- he has already beat up Whitney as we all know. Then there is Josephine. Ah, she looks like she might be a booger too- if she keeps up the good work she was doing over by Africa. I really think that we don't need her help over here.
Then there will be a K storm system......then..
TAAAA DAAAAA Laura. Yes, there could be a hurricane Laura. I can tell you right now what she will do. She won't be able to make up her mind if she wants SURF or TURF. She will be grow larger even though she doesn't want to...and she will all within her power to shrink. She loves Florida, but she wants to see other parts of the country,and the Caribbean......She is slightly co-dependent so she might even follow in Hannah's footsteps....(side note, to bad there wasn't a Hurricane Christi- HA HA HA HA HA, then you know Laura would have done whatever Christi did. Well, except Hurricane Anesthesia school.)
ANYWAYs, I need to make some coffee, and churn my coffee batter for the people at Lance's work.
Love to all!!!
I am so PROUD OF YOU!!!! Way to go, JC Girl!!! That is terrific progress for a relatively short amount of time!!! Awesome!!! Woo-hoo!
ReplyDelete::throw confetti::