Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I am here...with weak thighs, and dehydrated eyes.

March 24, 7am....the walls will be cold and sterile (hopefully), the patient will be hungry (as usually), and the doctor will be nervous and and pacing....oh, wait that is the husband---I mean the ENT performing the tonsillectomy on me will be calm and well rested. :) Wish me luck- hopefully he will give me a bunch of good medicines. I will have a good two weeks to rest and recoup.
My mother is coming down on April 4th for the Pensacola Wine Festival, and I can't wait. I have MUCH motivation to rest and heal. ;)
A lot has happened since I have last been on here. Lance's grandmother passed away and we went up to Harlan, Kentucky for the funeral. This was Lance's father's (Larry) mother (Mamaw King) that passed. Lance and I rented a Chevy Trailblazer with Garmin GPS (wonderful little toy) for the four day weekend trip up there. We drove straight up there- 10.5 hours. OUCH. Literally- my neck hurt. HA HA HA. The ride was SWEET though. I loved driving it. The GPS was fun.
.
Meeting the other side of Lance's family was nice, and seeing Lance's mother's side (the Depew side) again was great. It felt like coming home. I just love his family. The part I hated was I got a really bad headache Saturday- Murphy's Law huh? I was able to get some Imitrex though and it helped. It was interesting meeting Larry's side of the family and see how much they all look alike- it is AMAZING how genes trump everything else. You cannot escape your genes. No hairdos, no makeup, no clothing- nothing can get the genes outta your body. ;)

On the way back we stopped in AL and visited my mother and brothers- that was wonderful. Not long enough, but good. Then we made our way down to FL. Finally we got home and then did the whole run around and catch up with everything.....AND squeezed in looking at some houses that same day we got back. :) I have found one that I LOOOOOOVE, and Lance likes it too. YIPPE! We just have to mull it over and decide the whole money thing. You know how that goes.

The work out thing is going good. I met with my trainer today- kind of embarrassing as I couldn't finish my leg presses- Kristie had to finish my second rep by pushing it up for me. ugh. I was humiliated. I can kick ASS in arms...but I guess that is the point. I was doing 2 reps of 15...she said we will step down to 2 reps of 10 instead. ouch.......after we finished my thighs were literally quivering...twitching. NO LIE. I have never in my life had that happen. We were trying to do abs and I couldn't concentrate b/c my thighs were twitching so fast I felt like I had Moths under my skin. ugh. Not cool. It was pretty funny. I made her laugh. I bet not to many people can say that huh? My 'plan' is to do three weight training days a week- no more that three days apart, but at least a day rest between body section (arms or legs, etc.). She said I can always do cardio everyday (treadmill, bike, elliptical,etc. etc. etc.) Yippe.

My diet is going pretty good. I am doing a bunch better on the whole eating betting in the morning. I found regular quick oats work well for me. My BFF eats regular oats cooked on the stove- but I don't like the mess, or the time it takes to cook it....SO, I got the quick oats and nuke them in the microwave. PLUS, I like my oats a little runny. I got some frozen blueberries and let them thaw...and put them in there. Eat some yogurt...or an egg for my protein. Some OJ. Or an English muffing with peanut butter and fruit (those prepackaged cups from the fridged section of the produce section are AWESOME).

I am doing a calorie count to get me on the right track, and my trainer gave me the food pyramid to refresh my memory. It is at the site My Pyramid.gov That is great thing go by. I am a nurse, but I need help to. This is an awesome guide. I recommend everyone to go check this out. You log in and enter your weight and food intake and it analyzes it all for you. You are able to track it, and develop and healthy plan for yourself. It is an AWESOME TOOL. I suggest everyone check it out. After you enter all your info and the food (it isn't the most user friendly program) it analysis EVERYTHING. I do mean EVERYTHING. Down to the amount of phosophorus intake you have. It will tell you that you have 0.5 cups, and that I had 110 of cholesterol..it is crazy. It keeps track of it all- and has a trend daily, or as I enter it. AMAZING. I have a bunch more energy in the afternoon now...wow. didn't think I would.

I need to go to bed now. I hope everyone is doing well. I am nervous about the tonsils and the teeth now that i have days.....Cool thing is that before both I have a surprise trip planned for Lance that he is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE, and before the teeth we have the trip for Lance's work to Chicago which I am going to LOVE LOVE LOVE......I am going to see the CUBBIES!!! YEAH. I am also going to see my friend Shannon. I am so excited. I love the fact that almost anywhere I go I can see someone I know. I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!