Here is the story...checked in to the same day surgery at 530am- I was starving...which I must say isn't really a problem now. They got me ready and took me back just like the said at 7am. What is so funny is that when they took off my second gown (to cover my back/arse) the nurse just laughed and said "you forgot to take off your bra". WHAT AN IDIOT!!! I can't believe that I did that. I was so embarrassed. They laughed WITH me, and said I turned about 5 shades of red. Me as I nurse and I forgot to take my bra with under wire for surgery. HA HA HA. Oh well. They took it off and I got it later.
I talked to my CRNA of course and told her my BFF was going to Erlanger for CRNA school. (She said good luck BTW Christi). They gave me versed, then some gas, and vaguely think I remember saying is the propofol next, and them laughing, and I think they said "we are starting right now- just breath...you can't stay awake for this" LOL.
Yesterday after they took me back Lance had to go work, for his clinic. My friend Brannan came up to be my responsible party. She was such a sweet hart. Thank you so much girlfriend. I am so lucky. They loaded me up with Dilaudid right before I went back to the post anesthesia recovery unit...and I got one more dose and a little phenergan shot in the butt. Somewhere in the middle of it all I did what I always do when I am doped up on drugs....I dreamed and hallucinated. Nothing bad, I just dreamed I was talking to my sister or something and I was waving at her....Brannan said I was just laying there waving at her plain as day with my arm high in the air...."HEYYYYYYYYY" Ah, laura on drugs...always entertainment.
Christi- if you ever see a tonsillectomy you are going to have to tell me what they do b/c this feels BRUTAL. I won't go into detail b/c I know some people don't like to know...but I will put it like this..I set my telephone alarm for every four hours for my pain medicine on the D.O.T. I am really trying to constantly drink water. It is hard b/c it hurts. I tried flavors, but it really hurt- I guess the acidity or something in the flavor. The flavored coffee goes down really well, as does pudding..
The interesting part is the fact that I don't have any double chins, or a uvula anymore. ;) I am so swollen. I quit talking mostly last night. Not b/c I can't, but just b/c it hurts.
I wrote Lance a note last night, and he picked up the pad of paper to write his response. Hee hee. I had to pantomime that he could speak. What a sympathetic husband. :)
SO, long story short...I am in pain, but doing okay. Trying to drink, drink, drink walker like my friend Tracey told me to (she had it done at my age).
Love to all!
HEY favorite Daughter in Law...hang in there...was thinking of you all day, and no time to call--plus didn't want to make you talk if it hurts!! Lance writing his response back to you was so funny. That's my boy! LOVE YOU!! Feel better SOON Sweetheart...thank God for the Blog!! xoxo Doc's Maw~jackie
ReplyDelete