Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Biggest Loser....ME!! I hope..

Those of you that know me know that I have struggled with weight issues for the last few years....earlier in my life I did not have problems at all, but as I got older it became a problem. The hours of work, the wanting to rest when I was out of work, etc. etc.

I have tried many times to go to the gym and failed. I have tried diets, and failed. Low carb/ high protein....low fat....high cabbage.....Nutrisystem.....that time was interesting in and of itself- I thought it was a good idea as I was out in Arizona living in a hotel room and I didn't want to keep eating out at fast room restaurants, and take out joints. I had put on 8 or 9 pounds and wanted a solution. This seemed to be the answer. Prepackaged food- no refrigderation needed...HA HA HA. Whatever. They don't tell you that you have to buy all the OTHER stuff on the plate. HA HA. Not only that the food tasted HORRIBLE, and it gave me horrific migraines with the preservatives. I ended up donating the unused boxes to the local food shelter.....:) Tax deduction baby!!! And I stayed fat.

ANYWAYS, back to my story. I realized recently that no one will do anything until it is time, and they are ready.

I am ready. What you ask? I am ready for a TOTAL BODY MAKEOVER.. WOO HOO!!!

hee hee hee.

I am fed up with the achey muscles, and lack of energy, and the realization that everyday of my life is a day wasted feeling bad. I am trying to change that and get healthy. I am not doing it just to lose weight, but to get healthy. I am doing to it to get my body ready to have a baby in the coming years, and to be ready to live a long life with my wonderful husband.

I have joined a gym. Omni Fitness, and I have a personal trainer to help me out. Her name is Kristie and she seems really nice (ha ha ha). We shall see how that changes in the coming months. I will meet with her once a week, after initally getting a full assessment.....I have already done three sessions with the Omni PT(personal trainer), and Kristie is a private PT....they do a more in depth assesment, and nutritional assesment, and plan workouts etc.

I hope it is a good sign that her name is Kristie, just like my best friend and ultimate cheerleader. I know Kicklighter (my bestfriend) is cheering for me to succeed, and I have the determination so I am going to!!!!! Kicklighter and I are doing The Biggest Loser Couples- our own version....she is working also to lower her cholesterol and prepare her mind and body for CRNA school. She wants to get healthy for the coming years and stress ahead for her. We are in it together and are going to be our support systems......

SO. I will keep you guys updated. I would take a before and after, but my camera is on the fritz. Wiping all my memory cards clean and deleting all my pictures. BLAH.

You may here more about my journey. I have my work out bag, and gymshoes....my designated tolietries if I need to shower and then go to work, or shower afterwards, and then come home.....shower shoes even so I don't get funky feet. I have workout clothes I got a off the rack prices.

I challenge you guys to join me. :) Not to lose weight, but to be healthy (well, not melody- she is already...ha ha ha) ALSO- Keep me accountable.


Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. your Mom-In-Law will join the challenge with you....I need to lose about 15 lbs and start getting more exercise....now we just need to get Doc Boy on board to improve HIS health too. xoxo Keep up the great work...it is a "sign" that your trainer is named "Kristie" --how cool is that!? Love you bunches, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have some baby weight to lose. I will join you on this journey. We can exercise together next month when I see you!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!