Monday, February 18, 2008

This is why I like my job.

  • Sorry for any typos...for some reasons by spellcheck isn't working on my blogger thing...and I can't spell, and don't really care to proofread. ;) my fingers like to fly. Get over it.

This past week has FLOWN BY! phew. So, I haven't done very well on the exercise part on the STRUCTURED part...but I have gotten exercise...in the way of running around like a crazy fool at work. HA HA HA. Yesterday I worked 12 hours, and we were two nurses down and we saw SO MANY people. Influenza A is running rampant here in Pensacola. We have at least 5 to 8 positive cases a day...and then a few B's thrown in there. Then there are the ones that don't get tested for various reasons- as they don't have insurance and don't want to pay 50+ bucks for the tests, don't want their nose swabbed, etc. etc. Or is it 8pm and they just want meds and to get home, etc. etc. SO we pretty much know they have it, but they are not confirmed cases. It is crazy. So far our staff has been VERY lucky and only a few have gotten it. I don't know if it people that has gotten the flu shot or not. The ones that have got it have only a day or two of work- thank goodness.

Yesterday though, we had high volume of patients, but my co-workers were awesome. Front office clerks, Doctors, and fellow nurses. That is why I love my job. I may be exposed to germs, but I like who I work with. I even had two patients go out of their way to come up to me and complient us on how hard we were working to everyone in and out. That made us happy, and even try to work harder. :) We were exhausted and tired, but knew we were doing a good job b/c we didn't hear ANY patients complaining. PHEW.

AND, to TOP it all of Dr. Spruce got us Pizza Hut for lunch to perk us up. Hee hee hee. Can't argue with that huh? They are my work family now, and I like that.

A shout out to my Girls and Guys at work.

I am meeting my friend Brannan today to work out. If I get out of the Dentist in time, I am going to hit a Lean muscle class. Tell you all about it later.

This is my first visit with this Dentist, and I have a HUGE dentist phobia...so wish me luck. I LOVED my last regular dentist- Dr. Bob DeShazier is Pell City so this is going to be hard. I have a few since for cleanings, but I didn't like them. If I don't like this guy I will try one more here, they I will see about getting Dr. Bob on approved for my inurance. I have learned from Christi that you can get out of state Dentists approved, but it just takes about 3 or 4 months....that is what she has done to get her teeth worked on.

You would think I would just suck it, but I have a valid reason. I had DRUNK screw up teeth when I was 19. Two or three hours of MISERY and only 3 darvocet for two wisdom teeth he took out for them...they were impacted, and imbedded in the ramus on my jaw...the took them out only with lidocaine...and his dental ass. (I abbreviate for a reason) helped hammer and chisle them out.

Two years later I had to be put under to get my other two wisdom teeth out...then get two root canals and cap/crowns b/c I waited so long to get THOSE out.....and I had to take VALIUM to get the root canals done. I was so embarassed about it....although that WAS before my nasal surgery so I couldn't breath

Geez, how in the world do I make it day to day?? HA HA HA HA. Some one give me the pink juice and put me outta my misery. hee hee hee...

ugh, I am nervous now. I need some wine....guess I shouldn't go to the dentist drunk huh?

love to all
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Omg, Dr. Bob! I miss them SOOOO much!!! I like my dentist here, but I miss Miss Patsy & Gina & everybody.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your dental problems - that sucks! Good luck!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss everyone there so much too. I had finally grown okay with them, after so many years going to them. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!