So, I had to work today. I knew that it was busy there. We had a LARGE amount of patients. Some said that their Doctor's offices were closed. I was aware......I thought.....I talked to people about it....I knew my husband was at home and not seeing patients in clinic today.........I even knew that the trash wasn't running.
When I drove home I went to get the mail and I even stopped myself b/c I KNEW that is didn't run...so someone please explain to me how SOMEHOW it escaped me that when Lance and I went out to eat, and we encountered two- yes TWO closed restuarants, that were closed...and I said "What is Monday- A National Holiday all the Sudden Today??" I didn't get a ticket or a fine outright. I am suprised a certian civil rights activitst didn't pop up on CNN or MSNBC with a parade or something and tell everyone about it. HA HA HA HA.
I wish I could remember everything all day that I want to put on this thing. I have so many things I think of to put on here. I just laugh and laugh and think " I need to remember that for my blog" I NEVER DO. I that old age- or is it not that funny? I really think it is at the time- like the wasabi.
How about my friend Kathy at work going to dicharge a patient at work...lets say it is Ms. Doe in room 4....Kathy is going to room 4, knocks on the ...a man opens the door the crack and looks out....Kathy says Ms. Doe?? The man nods his head and says, "yes, what do you need?" Kathy turned at looked at me (I just happened to be walking by going to discharge someone else that was waiting in the lobby). Kathy said. "I am looking for Ms. Doe" The Man said, well, here she is.....The man opened the door, and one of the other nurses was there checking in/ triaging an elderly lady that was OBVIOUSLY NOT Ms. Doe. Appearently Ms. Doe had been moved to the lobby, and the old man was deaf.....THANK GOD we weren't just giving some pills huh??? HA HA HA HA.
What else is new in my life?
Gretchen moved down to Foley, AL this weekend- and that was great. It is nice to have her here now. I know it has got to be sad for her to be away from B'ham and all the friends up there though. I hope she doesn't get too lonely. She stays really busy, and she travels a lot so hopefully she won't.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!