Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rites of Passage

I thought that I had dodged a bullet...not getting that sick starting work at the Urgent Care Clinic (which we call Pensacola Blvd or The Blvd.), or getting sick this year period/ this cold and flu season period. I got strep throat right after Thanksgiving and got over it pretty well.

Then Lance got sick right after New Years. I followed suit with the sinus congestion, etc. etc. So when I got the really raw throat I figured it was sinus drainage and kept on gargling with saline, using my nasonex, drinking plenty of water, etc. etc. etc. WELL. After 5 days of MISERY (in the words of Daffy Duck AAAAGGGGGOOOOONNNNNNNYYYYYY), I figured my sorethroat was more than just raw from sinus drainage.

You have to understand Lance was better by now and fully recovered. Darn him. Me on the other hand am consuming 400 calories a day in cough drops alone, and 1200g a motrin a day. I had a fever one day, but since I was taking 600mg Motrin morning and night it didn't have a chance to get up there again. So, in my mind I didn't have a fever (or so I suppose I had convinced myself on the surface of my mind....sometimes nurses are stupid too)

Anyhoo. I got to work today and realized I REALLY DON"T FEEL GOOD. It was freaking thursday. My throat STILL HURTS. I got a strep screen done and it was positive...der....so-the doc saw me felt like I needed to go home. I got two shots of Bicillin LA (long acting) (we, of course, were out of the 1.2 million units- so I had to get 2 of the 600,000 unit shots.....JUST MY LUCK.)

One of the other nurses said that she got Strep 6 times the first year she worked there. I dont' know if I got strep from work or from Lance..but Lance is better without antibiotics. He feel fine.....?????

I dont' know.

Perhaps he and I just have different things and just at the same time. Perhaps this is just my Rite of passage to work at The Blvd. Blah. It is painful, and I can't take my leftover Vicoprofen from my D&C b/c I have my drug screen tomorrow for the teaching job up at the Nursing school.

DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!