Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Leaving AZ

Finishing Up in Arizona!!!!

Current mood:excited

Well, update on my life goes like this......STRESS!!! ha ha ha. Well, last week when I came out for my 7 on (this was May 2).I stopped off 'really quick' at one of the chain brake shops in phoenix to get my brakes done....needless to say it wasn't fast....I had to get the brakes done and all my fluids flushed and a general tune-up as my bothers were flying out on May 11 to drive my car back to AL b/c I just didn't have the time to do it...well....... nothing is ever quick in my life..there is ALWAYS 'the rest of the story' as Paul Harvey says.

Here is the rest of the story- after 2 hours or so the manager comes out to the front room and says for me to come back to the work area b/c the "noticed" something as they were finished with the car and lower it down.....I realize now that he didn't want to say what REALLY happened in front of the lobby full of people....I was thinking great. They found out that the TRANSMISSION I had fully replaced back in november is bad, or the something equally expensive needs to be fixed and I am down to "crunch time" as my fiance likes to say.....well, as the door behinds me shuts and the curious Lookie Lous in the Lobby are outta earshot, he turns around and I realize he is PALE...which is a major feat forhim as he is Middle Eastern.....and he said...(in one breathe btw) aswewereloweringyourcardownthedoorwasleftopenandithitatoolboxandleftadentapushedthedoorupalittlebitwewillfixit.

Translation...they fucked up. royally. Some dumb ass left the door open as it was up on the lift, and then as they were lowering it down, it hit a tool box...and then it bent the bottom of the door up and my poor little accord for about 20 minutes was a psuedo Delorean. ha ha ha ha. As I walk to my NO ONE in the shop will look at me. I see my door and it is all blue (I am assuming the tool box was blue?) and it is about 6-7 inches higher than it should be.

They had to hammer it out, then I guess push it down. They paid for me a rental car, and they paid for the damages. THANK GOD. I nearly had a heart attack though b/c at first he wasn't wanting to get me a rental car. He wanted me to drive my car until I flew out the next week (the 9th) and then take it to the body shop that day, and he was "pretty sure" they could fix it before my brothers flew in on the 11th. whatever. I dropped it off that day and they paid for my rental.I wasn't taking any chances with my luck- they would all catch meningitis at the body shop and no one would be able to work on the car and I would be buying my brothers two return tickets AND have to ship my car home. HA HA HA HA.

BUT, it was ready, it looks great- the door works great. My brothers got home sunday afternoon without any problems- I think they enjoyed their trip!

I am out here in AZ, and tomorrow night I start the last of my 7 days. I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life, but I am really going to miss the friends I have made out here. I don't know when I will make it out this way again- but I know I will one day. I am going to miss my right hand Lady Charlotte. She doesn't get on myspace- but just thinking about not working with her anymore makes me tear up. She is a great person and a great nurse- anyone out there that reads this needs to take this to heart- I spend 12 hours straight, 6 days in a row with her- in the rez ER trenches. She is an awesome person, and an awesome nurse I am proud to call her my friend. My Laughing Maria!!!! She always makes me laugh- no matter what....and with her I have learned that people will show up if you talk about them!!! HA HA HA. My friend Cindy who drove out with my last trip back to AL! Then there is Linda- my fellow travler that I am leaving behind in good ol' Motel...ha ha! There are so many more that I am not mentioning as I am getting sad... I will write more about all my friends later.....to thank them all!

Good Times Good Times.

The movers come thursday to pack up my house, then friday and saturday to pack up Lances...then saturday night or sunday we are off to pensacola!!! WOW!!!! They deliver on Tuesday so we will be eating off paper plates and takeout and sleeping on blowup beds until then. Then I will be setting up house until the wedding......I am getting excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!