Thursday, May 10, 2007

cabin fever

Cabin Fever

Current mood:sick

All I know is that I am about to go crazy. I have a freaky eye infection that has me outta work and I am stuck in the hotel room. I finally got the internet working and that is great. yipppeeeeeeeee. I am slowly getting better, but they say I can't go back to work until it quits draining/tearing b/c the fluid that is coming out is highly contagious. GRRRRREATTTT. Like everything in the ER isn't contagious anyways. What does it matter right? Not that I really want to go out looking like this, plus I am really photophobic and it hurts like holy hell.

I know I am not making much sense, and that is b/c I am on the tail end of my dose of vicodin. Appearantely this isn't your normal case of conjunctivits. I also have a sinus infection. When I flew it made it worse. I was running a fever and I went to an urgent care doc in box place and they kinda got geeked over it and transfered me to an ER.They also thought at the time it might be glaucoma b/c i wasn't running that much of a temp at the urgent care place, just horrific pain and pressure and clear tearing..they did a CT and blood work and all sorts of stuff. It was really bad. then my temp was up.( and I am normally like 95.2, rally cool chickie), and my white blood count, etc, and I had redness and heat to my eye. They kept trying to give me pain meds b/c it looked and felt horrible- but I kept saying no b/c I had to drive myself outta there. Let me tell you ER staff are NOT used to people turned down narcotics. HA HA HA. SO, then the next day I had to see an eye doc...whom I grossed out.. heehee. he walked in the room and said "oh god". HA HA. Not every day you get to gross out the eye doc huh? SO. I had two days of putting antibiotic eye drops in my eye every two hours, and watching the blood pool where it supposed to be white. Now it is just every 12 hours for five days....... I have gone through about 8 pillow cases and 3 or 4 boxes of kleenex. I have lost track. Sometimes I just let is drain down my cheek. the worst part was the pain and how my eye just looked like something out of a horror film

Here it is saturday and I think it is finally slowing down. it is still tearing up a lot, like when you are cutting onions and you can't control it- you know? it is infuriating b/c I CAN"T WORK. I AM SO DAMN BORED> I feel horrible b/c it is so hard to find replacements where I work- it isn't like there are all these nurses that have nothing to do just waiting to work. I mean I come from AL to work out there. Obviously they need help.

Anyways. I am just bored and really ready to get outta this motel room. How freaking contagious can pink eye really be? I mean come on. ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!