The Latest
Current mood:
aggravated
okay, so here is the deal..I flew to AZ tuesday night (halloween night), and got in at 12 midnight, got a taxi to the office, and to my car and by about 0045 I was in the car and realizing something wasn't right. The D4 light was blinking, the check engine was blinking and I was accelerating after the stoplight at about 0 to 30 in 4 minutes. It was bad. I pulled into the gas station. Got out and checked my oil and trannie fluid levels (all was well), got back in and cranked it and the lights were not flashing, but the check engine light was on. My car was acclerating normally. So I pulled in to the first hotel I got to (a very nice hampton inn btw), and checked int for the night as I wasn't going to drive 90 miles and up and down steep 8% declines with no cell phone reception for 30 minutes.......so, I had gotten a HUGE vente latte with two extra shots of espresso at the airport before i knew I was going to be staying in phoenix...and I had already consumed it..so I didn't fall asleep until 5 am or so. Then I had to be up at 730 to take my car to the dealer. I was thinking I had an extended warrenty to 150,000 miles on the trannie....So I got to the dealership who told me about 45 minutes and they would have my answer...so at 1030 he had my answer....Answer is........I am at 114,000 miles, and my warranty ended at 100,000. So right after the service manager told me that the estimate for a new traniewas 3500...I kinda started tearing up and getting pale and ashen faced...he got called away on another phone call, and while he was on the phone I got a call from the company I want to hire for the wedding --> -->and I was a little overwhelmed......the service guy was coming back towards me, and I was crying and telling the wedding people that I wanted to book them, but it would be a few weeks before I had the deposit b/c of my trannie- but I wanted to save the date, and would it be okay, how much was the deposit, etc. etc....so the service guy heard me saying all that and when I got off the phone he was patting my back saying "oh dear, you are planning a wedding also." ha ha ha ha ha. He said that he would try and see what he would be able to do with the Honda warranty people to help me out. he told me to wait another 15 minutes or so and he would get back with me. Well at 1145am I couldn..'t wait any longer b/c i had to sleep- I had to be at work at 7pm. SO, I had to get all my stuff- dirty clothes todrop off at the cleaners, my toletries, etc. outta my car- use the courtesy shuttle to the office I had to go and get to the office (the travel nurse company that I work for) so I could get my crappy rental from them (they are paying for it b/c they feel really sorry for me. ;)) get to Globe an sleep before I had to work....so. I get the rental, and 15 minutes into the drive out here I realize the speedometer, and odometer don..'t work...then I realize the check engine light is on...and the transmisson slips from 3rd to 2nd. HA HA..ha ha ha ha ha. go figure. oh well. I really don..'t care. I am going to take it back on Saturday SO back to my story. I get to globe around 230pm on Wednesday, and really don..'t get any sleep. I was worried about the 3500 for the trannie. My wedding, my friends wedding in april in puerto rico we ahve to pay for.....etc. etc. etc..... I was so tired by the time I got to work at 7pm. then I worked to 7am. I slept for about an hour around 5am when we didn..'t have any patients...but that was it. ha ha. I was freaking delirious. It was funny. oh, and I had got up at 6am TUESDAY to take lance to work....so byy the time I got off on thursday morning I had only had roughly 4 hours sleep since tuesday morning at 6am....AND 12 hours work. The sad part was that I wasn..'t able to just go to sleep when I got off b/c i Had to pick up my uniforms at the laundry mat (yes, I pay someone else to do my clothes..sad huh? but it is only 12 dollars...worth it to me.), and i had to go to wal-mart and buy some tennis shoes b/c i FORGOT MINE. ha ha ha. I had to wear dress shoes to work last night b/c I forgot my tennis shoes in my car in phoenix. ha ha ha. SO, then they called me and told me that the Honda warranty people are going to honor 75% of the cost of the replacement transmission, and the 25% I am going to have to pay will be around 596.00, plus the 49.00 for the diagnostic test. They are going to do that b/c I am not much over the 100000miles, and personally I think also b/c I had small breakdown in the lobby. ha ha ha ha. AND it will be warrantied for 3 years/or 36,000 miles. it is called a refurbished, but it is just the housing(casing) that is reused- the actual transmission and working components are new. YEAH! I am so excited that it is cheaper than I thought it was going to be. SO then I passed the HELL out on thursday morning around 930 am. HA HA HA. I slept so good. It was rough though. by the time my shift was over I looked like death warmed over, felt like death cooled over, and was not making any sense even to myself. I think I hallucinated a few times too. I kept hearing whistling. ha ha ha ha. They might have been messing with me, but who knows. I was majorly sleep deprived. SO, that is what is new with me. always something huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!