insomnia
Current mood:
lethargic
so, I have fiddled with the thing called a myspace layout generator. Can anyone tell me a good one that can fix with the background I want, and colors in the text boxes that I want, and everything still work? ie slideshows etc. Maybe I am just too tired to figure out what I am sure is right in front of my face. I had a really weird dream as soon as I fell asleep this AM, and now unable to go back to sleep. I will not go into all detail ...........I have Dean Koontz type dreams lately as that is what I am reading.....some weird psychogenic, out of body experience book- very good read- but making for weird dreams.
Anyways, tonight is my last night for this stretch and I hope it is easy and I get on my plane at 1110am tomorrow without difficulty. Work this week has been interesting. I have been pissed on (seizure), puked on (105.8 temp 2 year old), spit on (drunk/meth'd out teenager), groped (old blind man who really didn't mean it...I think...), and get this....told by a patient that she was going to report us for "having to much fun". No joke, she was serious. At the time we had 3 patients...two admissions waiting for beds at outside hospitals and her....so basically it was her. She was screened (triaged, or vitals and complaint taken), 5 minutes later the doc was in there, about 5 after he got out I was giving Morphine 5mg IM and Phenergan 25mg IM, and THEN as soon as I was done someone else went into draw blood.......she told the gal drawing blood that she didn't like us laughing, and talking and we were having too much fun and she was going to report us for that, and for being unprofessional and laughing while people are sick.....HA HA HA HA HA HA. She had freakin' PID...for those in the know that is PELVIC INFLAMATORY DISEASE.......hoochie rot, tuna boat syndrome, wash yo taco disease......and she was just a pain. I mean from the time she walked in until the time she got a SHIT load of narcotics (over medicated if you ask me) was quicker than most people even get to see the first person.
I ask- so for 7 days straight, 12 hours each day- she wants me not to laugh, or cut up or BE MYSELF? Whatever. I am getting jaded in the ER again. I thought I was over this after leaving RMC in Anniston, but it is bugging me again.....and I have to get it off my chest.....for those easily offended, do not read the following. This is my blog and I can say whatever the freak I want. For those out there that might get irritated at nurses or other medical staff b/c they seem to be "taking too long" or "laughing, and not caring about me"....SHUT THE FUCK UP. You are not the only person out there, and you have no idea what is going on. The 'nurses' you are getting mad at might be lab techs or x-ray tech that are just in scrubs. The nurses are probably getting your freaking medicine or starting someone else's IV. Perhaps they are giving a baby a suppository, or crying with a 14 year old that just got raped. YOU DON"T KNOW, SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH.
If you are able to complain and whine and bitch, then you are not that FREAKING SICK. Perhaps, yes, PERHAPS the nurse IS taking a break...perhaps she is going to the bathroom or scarfing down some food. well let me tell you- LET HER. She/he is only human.
Ever since a kidney infection last year and then urologist visits, cystoscopy and urodynamic studies later, I have been having to self cath myself every week or so. I have ruined the nerves in my bladder from holding it too long for too many years, and feeling guilty over people like this- so I would just hold it and run around taking care of everyone else but myself. NO MORE. I had a blood sugar of 44 one night last week b/c I was SICK as SHIT and still working and unable to keep much in me. Guess what? I still kept right on- sicker than 90% of the people I TREATED that night. Someone had the guts to ask me that night what was taking so long and I almost started crying...now I am just pissed. Tired and pissed.
So, sorry about the raving to anyone who is still reading this. I am going to try and get at least 4 hours sleep before I have get up and do it again. I hope I can stay asleep this time.
**Disclaimer*** I am not really normally like ths. I really do care, and I do love my job. I am a good nurse- just midly burnt out. again. Tomorrow is a new day and I have seven off and a trip to beach after this...then I will be my normal smiley, bubbly self
love to all
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!