Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Short funny work story

Current mood:relaxed

So everyone knows I work in an Indian Reservation Hospital....some have heard of the violence....mostly out there it is getting hit in the head with some very hard, painful object....Most of the time it was a baseball bat or a lead pipe. I don't understand where in the world all these people get lead pipes- i think there is a local pawn shop on the Rez (reservation) that has hardly any light coming in from the outside world, a large forboding man with dark sunglasses and a bandana on(to show his colors), behind glass topped counter that you peer into and see all shapes, sizes and types of metal pipes. You hand him a 1/2 a case of 40's (King Cobra), and you get the pipe- sans pipe license....since they are not controlled like guns.

SO, to my story (sorry I got side tracked)- Last week when I worked we had a man come in with the Police getting medically cleared to go to Jail, and he was raising Cain.......He was arrested for abusing his wife, and she got a few good licks in (good for her), and he was pissed off about that- and the fact he was going to have to pay 60 bucks to get outta jail the next day....he says...and I QUOTE..."I don't understand why I am getting arressted, it isn't like I went after her with a knife and stabbed her up.....I only hit her with a lead pipe".....True story. The said woman who 'only got hit with a lead pipe' got about 24 stitches, a few broke teeth, and a lot of bruises. That is the mentality....but with the sick twisted minds of Nurses we laughed for about 2 hours on that on statement.

I mean, isn't a LEAD PIPE a murder clue in the game Clue????

I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!