Sunday, December 27, 2015

The King Convoy


Headed to see Memaw and Poppa in Pittsburgh. LONG truck ride, but Lawson did great. He only had an issue the first 10 minutes when we passed by the Pensacola Airport and saw the plane leave that we SHOULD have been on. HA. Then about 1.5 hours into the trip when he randomly said "when are we going to get to the bus station??" then the resulting realization that we were DRIVING the whole way in a "NOT BIG THING"  HA. Other than that he did well.

I had a variety (read: WAY TOO MUCH) of things for lawson to do on the trip. We managed 5 hours before we busted out an electronic device. (for him....I was on mine before we left the driveway. ha)

I invested in a car seat tray table that is possibly banned in 42 states for safety reasons. Apparently in the last 4.5 years I don't give a rip.  Whatever it takes.  He played with his little Dino Trux toys for a while, then other random toys. Worked on the dry erase work books and asked me 5000 questions and needed snacks and 250 other random things that he couldn't do for himself.  We traveled from Pensacola, FL to Wytheville, VA- around 11 hours total and all in all he did great. I was more restless the last two hours than he was. HE got a 2 hour nap, where as I slept about 10 minutes.

After pizza and pool time bedtime was a joke. SOMEONE would NOT fall asleep. ONE guess as to who that was?

Today (day two of travel) I asked Lawson what his favorite part of the previous day was and he said "Um, getting to the hotel and eating"  Always good to feel like you starved your child.

Today was a short day driving in comparison and we stopped by a New River Gorge in Virginia and that was a good stretch of our legs and educational moment. Too bad they weren't doing bungee jumping off the bridge today. On second thought, maybe it is good since Lawson would be all about doing it.

Overall it was a great drive up all things considered- warm weather, no snow, no crazy drivers or major issues. Now we are here and Lawson is in Memaw and Poppa heaven...and I am actually doing a blog post. HA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!