Well, I had a baby and all that jazz!
:)
Life is good. Lawson is getting to learn how to go to bed at night...and the first time he goes down is his "long" stretch. 3.5- 4 hours or so of wonderful sleep. One night it was almost 5. I felt like a new person. I have not gotten that much uninterrupted sleep since....I don't even know when. Not since his birth, then since about the cerclage on I didn't sleep more than two hours at a time- if that. Sigh.
We have worked into a routine here at the King house. Lawson likes to sleep in (yay!) and I really try to get out of bed after the morning feed, but OMG that is so hard sometimes. So much easier to just sleep, but then I don't get as much done during the day. He is sleeping a long nap in the AM and afternoon, then little ones in between.
The cutest thing is that when he is sleepy (mostly just at night), he puts his face right on my mouth. It is like he has to be as close to me as possible. His little hands will come up and touch my chin.
Lance gets home in the evenings and changes his clothes and all that jazz, and they have boy time. Lance walks outside with him, and they talk baout their day. Today I think he gave Lance some smiles!!!! He is with me all day long, and do I get the smiles? Nope! He saves them up for Daddy. I am okay with that though. Lawson loves to feel Lance's goatee. :)
He goes next wednesday and gets his first immunizations. :( I hate having to give his little body so many medicines at once, but the diseases are so much worse than that.
Um, other than that life is good.
For the curious- cloth diapering is going well! It isn't as bad as people try and scare you into. It is just what we do. The washing is super easy and I feel so much better knowing that he is more comfortable, saving money, and less chemical exposure. Another cool thing is that I found an awesome natural laundry soap for all of us that works so well. I don't have to worry about allergies, etc with it. It is called Charlie's and I use 1/8 cup for a full load. It lasts forever. I also use wool balls in the dryer and I don't have to use fabric softener either. On the towels I will put some lavender essential oil on the balls and it makes them smell great.
I am loving that b/c Lance and I both have allergies to certain detergents. He has to use Tide (EXPENSIVE), and I was starting to get itchy. I figured poor Lawson would get the short end of the stick and have issues too.
In learning about cloth diapers, I discovered that wool balls are a natural fabric softener (usedin the dryer) and inhibit static build up! SCORE! No more $$ wasted on fabric softener, and no more build up on clothes. I went to my mom's and washed clothes and a swear they felt greasy after using her detergent and fabric softener.
I will leave you with some pictures. :)
Where do you get these wool balls???
ReplyDeleteWool balls? Never heard of them, but I'm in the same boat, I can only use Tide and it works for Ben, but he LOVES fabric softener so we don't wash any of our clothes together and sheets and towels have to have a special load... pain. Anyways, where do you get them?
ReplyDeleteSuper cute pictures! Noah got his shots last week, he did good, but did run a fever which I hated. :(
Lawson is adorable. Love the pics!
ReplyDelete