Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Out and Open

I created quite the stir on Facebook this past week with the uploading of this picture:


After waiting for 11.5 weeks we felt safe to tell more people. Our hesitation is b/c we just wanted to be sure...we didn't want to have to 'untell' people. I personally am pretty superstitious about stuff, so we waited.

So we know all that story....so how about how we found out?

Well, we had an inkling that I was pregnant for various reasons- but I did NOT think I was pregnant that was month. We went up to see my sister for Thanksgiving, and the night before I we left (at 530am) I slept only 2 hours and on the plane I started to get a migraine. Smelling the Jet fuel, no coffee, no breakfast. Then I started to get sick to my stomach. I was miserable the whole flight until I fell asleep and got a small nap in- then I felt mostly better.. Lance was convinced I was pregnant, but I got even more "NO, I AM NOT!!!!" I could totally write it all off b/c of sleep deprivation, migraine, etc. etc.

The next day was Thanksgiving, and I was so short of breath. It was so crazy. I couldn't even walk up stairs without having to stop. I had myself convinced I was getting pneumonia. I used to get sick all the time when I flew- so pneumonia sounded like the only reason. LOL- but Lance was convinced I was PG.

The day after T-Day was 12 days post ovulation, so I took a test. I couldn't wait anymore- I HAD TO KNOW! OMG. It was so cool. Just a super super faint line- but definitely a line.

It is very hard to see here, but it was there in real life. :)

I first went and told Lance. He said that he knew by the look on my face coming out of the bathroom. I don't have to say a word to communicate to him. <3 I told Lance, and then I went down and told my sister second. I took the test down and showed her. I didn't get the squeals immediately that I thought I would get...but I should have known. My poor sister didn't have her glasses on and she hadn't had a sip of her morning coffee. I showed her the stick
B: "what does this mean?!?!?"
L: I took a pregnancy test....look at it
B *holding away from face a good 8 inches* I can't read it, what does it mean?
L: There are two lines!!!!
B: Oh my...two lines...what does it mean- it has been 9 years since I did any of this!!!!
L: I am pregnant
Beth: AAAHHHH!!!!!!!
Then the giggle happy crying hug fest I was expecting happened. We didn't tell the kids, but I am pretty sure my smartie pants niece knew something was up b/c I wasn't drinking....and Auntie Laura always drinks wine with Mommy. :)



Took another test the next day and it was getting darker-dark enough to show up strong!!! YAY! After we got home I got two blood tests 48 hours apart and they were great numbers.The first day which was 16 dpo (days post ovulation) was 311, and the second 18dpo was 678 (I think)

Then I went in when I was 6 and 7 weeks to the doctor to get ultrasounds, and there was one little being in there. I had another US at 8 weeks b/c I have a super cool doctor. :) I am blessed.
The 8 week US was very cool b/c we could see it wiggle a little bit. Nothing it to great of detail, but definite movement. :) (obviously I haven't felt anything yet- and won't for a few more months)


It is too stinking cool. SO, today I am 12weeks 4days and due 8/7/2011 (of we all know that is a suggestion to the baby LOL) I STILL can't believe it at times. I haven't had ANY other sickness than that migraine on the plane. NO morning sickness. Just being tired, and short of breath- but the SOB got better around 9 weeks or so. I am starting to get SOB again, but that is to be expected. The only real issue I have is WEIGHT GAIN!! LOL. I look around 5 months pregnant- not 3. LOL. The past few nights I have had horrific heartburn at night- so I have had to watch what I eat. Blah.


We are waiting to find out what we have until delivery. Could be a puppy, kitten , or llama at this point. LOL.

So for those of you that are still out there following me occasionally, and I SERIOUSLY going to try and update this more often. Be sure and comment and let me know you have read it...encourage me if you want to see more updates from me. Sometimes it is hard to keep posting if you think no one is reading.

Love to all!

PS My sister has dubbed the baby "Special K" I am kinda partial to "Kinglet". Tee hee. I called Christi's baby "Kicklet", and I thought that was hysterical.
What nicknames do you like?

2 comments:

  1. EXCITING! We are super excited foryou guys- and what a fun story. I missed the detail on your FB pics and now know what all the fuss was about:) Do do do keep us posted and I hope you get the heartburn figured out cause "watching what you eat" during preggers is NOOO fun:) xox!
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for posting! Its so exciting! Kinglet is so cute, but my nickname was Kellogs for a bit (because of Special K), so I like that one too!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!