Last weekend we went up to Pittsburgh for the 3rd time in one month, and for the SECOND Steelers game. This one was the last hurdle for the guys to jump to get into Super Bowl XLV. This was the sight at the gate when we landed in Pittsburgh.
The Steelers vs Jets.
Awesomeness abounded.
We had left our warm weather clothes up there since we knew that we were headed back up there. It was supposed to be a lot colder this game, so I realized we needed some more clothes. So Jackie and I headed to Dick's (Sporting Goods that is) and got a few extra layers and Lance a ski bib.
As you can see from the pictures, I look really fluffy. That is NOT all pregnancy related I PROMISE!
Bottoms: Silk longjohns, courderoy pants, and lined snow pants
Top: Silk longjohn undershirt, thick turtle neck, my Steeler fan in progress, long sleeved T, polar fleece jacket, polar fleece vest, and THICK sweatshirt with kangaroo pocket with hot packs in it
Hands: Glove liners with hotpacks in them and mittens.
Then windstopper ear/head wrap, a knit hat with windstopper in it, and then a neck gator.
It was SO STINKING COLD!
I was pretty much okay as far as the temp. I did get a little chilled just b/c how could you not? The only discomfort I really felt was my face and then my fingers in the 3rd/4th quarter when I took of my mittens to take pictures/videos..
The game itself was wonderful. It was awesome to be part of it-
We were part of history- largest crowd at Heinz Field, McDonald Fan Cam with largest photographed ever taken, coldest playoff game at Heinz Field...another trip to the Super Bowl.
Sigh.
It was so worth it. We all know the results- and if you don't....STEELERS WON!!!
It is going to be a Steelers v Packers Super Bowl, and we are heading up to B'ham for the fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!