On the list of World's Worst Bloggers is....da da DUM- Laura at the "A Day in the Live of Mundania."
Ugh. Sorry to all my loyal fans, but I have been busy, and just not feeling like posting.
Life has been busy- we are in the process of buying a house all all that crap that goes a long with it. Choosing mortgages, homeowners insurance, getting inspections, etc.
We actually flew out of town the day after we had our contract accepted, so we lost almost a week when we should have been getting inspections, etc.
Currently we are waiting for the sellers to say what they are going to fix up to the 500$ limit on the contract. Boo.
We went up to Kentucky to visit Lance's mom's side of the family, and had a fun time. We thought we were not going to be able to make it home because Tropical Storm Claudette was bearing down on the coast. Turned out that that it pittered out, and only dropped about an inch of rain on us here in P'Cola.
Hopefully the hurricane free season will hold...but being as we are closing (hopefully) on the house Sept. 15th...we will surely get that Cat 5 September 18th. :)
I am working a good bit these days to save up for various house related stuff- rugs, cabinetry, etc. I think we are going to self pack and hire Two Men and Truck to move us. We have some friends that used them and had a good experience- it was about 250 for them. We are not even moving as far as they did, and definitely don't have as much stuff- so it should be less or at least about the same.
TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!! Considering my TV weighs 250 pounds and is very awkward- and a huge ass jeep hard top that is even MORE AWKWARD to move...it will be worth every penny.
I have officially become a Pensacolian- I have joined a Krewe. Krewe du Ya Yas. They are a social/carnival krewe that is formed around the idea to raise awareness/help in the fight against breast cancer. I think it is going to fun, and a good thing for my life. I figure if I was to join a krewe, I would want it to be one that served a purpose...other than to get toasted on mardi gras. :)
That is all for now. Please say a prayer for my friend Kathy. She lost her father today to melanoma. She is also my husband's nurse (best nurse EVE-AH!!), and I am so saddened by this.
ALSO- Hop over to Jami's Ukraine blog to check out their progress.
Love to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!