This was a great weekend! Luke came over on Thursday, and Jen got here on Friday.
After some finagling and trying to fool Lance (didn't really work)- we went to the Oar House-sweated,eat some good food, and had a great time with all my friends. I love my friends here!! They really went above and beyond for Lance. Terry got him an OFFICIAL PENGUINS Sidney Crosby jersey!!! He also got some Pizza and Beer (a gift card to pizza hut and a six pack), wine, golf balls and from me some golf lessons. :) I hope that he loves it.
We had a blast going down to the beach to see the Blue Angels- got a late start though. Didn't leave the house until almost 545am!! LOL!!! My dear husband was none to happy about it...but once we got there it was worth it.
I had a little meltdown b/c the last time I was stung by a jellyfish it hurt for HOURS. These infestation had mostly non stinging Jellies....there were a few that hurt- but they were weak. Felt like a Minnesota mosquito bite. :)
A lot of people (locals and our friends) told us to not go to the beach/ocean side or front and center. They called us crazy. "too many people" "you have to get out of the water when the Blues fly" "crazy traffic" "too many tourists" I am glad we did it this way. We met some nice people!! There is a certain camaraderie forged from scouting out primo beach real estate at dawn. Waiting for 8 hours for the main event.
There is nothing like sitting on the edge of the ocean- waves slowly taking away the sand underneath your bum and causing you to become one with the shoreline. Standing in calf deep water and seeing those plane scream by 100 yards in front of you. Feeling the jets move the air- with NOTHING or NO ONE between you and them.
There is nothing being so close you smell the fuel- and you realize your eyes are not filling with tears b/c of it. You realize you are proud to be an American. You KNOW you live in a great and wonderful country that has so many freedoms. Those jets are awesome- and their home is HERE. I feel pride.
We cheer when we see them coming. We cheer with the awesome moves. We wave goodbye to them. We know they can't see us- how the HECK could they? They are flying like 700mph. Just under Mach 1 they say. It is awesome.
That is why we will go back next year. It gets better every year. The fun, the friends and the memories.
One a different note- I am frightened. I have FITNESS BOOT CAMP tomorrow.
Please pray for my Fat Ass.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!