Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No witty title....sorry.

Well, I guess I am on a roll here....weekly updating! Yeah! I know the two of you out there are hitting the refresh button every 2 minutes to see if I have written anything new...I will appease you so you can get back to living a functioning life. :)


Last week was interesting. Lance and I decided to start looking for houses again...and we found one we liked on the first day. Let me clarify. We BOTH like it...actually we both LOVE IT. Now is the scramble to get the loan...then back up and- in lance's words- "figure out all the possibilities of things that we don't know and will surprise that we will have to pay". I just had to laugh at that.


If we don't know and they surprise us...um, how do we figure it out? :) I really wish I would have taken that 6th year course at JSU called "Psychic 101" REAAAAALLLY would have helped in my private life and my career. (phone call from patients- My daughter has a rash, can you tell me what it is from..um...NO!)

Anyways. We have an estimate on property taxes, mortgage, etc. The figuring out the loan is another thing. It is a big "IF" we can afford this. Well, we can afford it- but to what cost. We are used to not having any really big payments on anything. We have other things to factor in, and I get extremely nervous with no money in savings. You never know what is going to happen that you need cash. I don't ever want to use credit cards again. I think it is PTSD from my childhood and younger years...I know my brother feels the same way- he just realized it A LOT sooner than I did. The anxiety of owing people money, and not having enough if something goes wrong. That anxiety changes me. A house is different- it is HOME. Owning your home falls under security in my mind. I crave security....A new car with a huge loan- that is not security to me. That is a waste of money when you have two perfectly functioning cars.
If you need new brakes- pay the 200 bucks. If you need an AC- pay the 500 bucks. Need a new trannie- pay the 2000 bucks. Sure is cheaper in the long run than 400 bucks a month in a new car loan and a huge hike on your monthly insurance premiums.
Um, don't know where all this came from. Just getting it out of my system. We have been kicking around the idea of a new car for while- but we honestly don't need it. With this new house coming up, I think Lance finally realizes why I didn't want to rush into anything. I would rather have our house, and then get a car.
It is all about budget you know???!?!


We had a great V-day weekend. Went over to Sandestin and relaxed. It was rainy until the DRIVE BACK HOME....but it was still great. Lance had beautiful flowers, champagne and strawberries waiting on me. Yummy. We had a romantic dinner at Bistro Bijoux..complete with a window seat to watch a very drunk girl with spaghetti legs almost crack her head open when her equally drunk boyfriend tried to give her a piggy back ride. Other than that is was romantic.

We also ate at Another Broken Egg Cafe, and Graffiti. I really like the the blues music playing at the Funky Blues Shack.


Then of course since we were so close to Panama City...we went HERE...what do you expect. I think we are working on a record here.

On to this week. I have so much to do it isn't even funny. I will update when there is more to update.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!