
I was listening to the comedy channel on my Sirius radio today and discovered the reason as to my disrupted sleep when I was working in Arizona.
Let me back track. When I was working in Arizona I always stayed in the same hotel, checked in the same day (plus or minus 6-8 hours), checked out after I got off of work Wednesday morning to fly home. I always stayed in the same room. I ALWAYS put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door.
ALSO, let me state. I worked the night shift. 7pm to 7am. LOOONG FREAKING HOURS. ON my first day I generally flew out either really late the night before, or super early the day I worked...so I was TIIIIRED when I slept after my first night.
So it seemed that it never failed.
During Prime sleeping time.....KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK...Housekeeping"....I would say "NO..." "NO..." HOUSEKEEPING...I swear they would keep knocking until I got up, opened the door and told them..... "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I don't need towels, I don't need vacuuming, I NEED BLOODY SLEEP.
I answered the door with ear plugs, my sleep machine at full blast, hair on end, and eyes blasting the death glare. Woo begone to the person that wakes me at 1pm.
So, back to why I discovered why they would knock even though I had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door.
They were slow readers. The sign confused them. They saw the "DO" and just started knocking...by the time that they got the "NOT" they were already committed. They couldn't stop. This comedian said it was time to embrace the contraction......Make it DON'T DISTURB for the sake of the slow readers. HA HA HA HA.
Personally I think the housekeepers at Motel 6 in Globe, AZ were just crazy.
After several staff members woke me up and I was able to identify them as the enemy....they took to calling me on the phone to see if I needed service. HA HA HA. Here is the deal- all the housekeepers were native and showed up in the ER as patients. They soon realized they didn't want ME to know THEY were the ones disrupting my precious sleep.......
I think the last 3 months I was there no one bothered me. Phew. Thank goodness. I was planning a wedding, getting hemmorhaggic pinkeye, bronchitis, 'walking' pneumonia, basically sick for a year......and all sorts of things of other things. Funny thing- I don't think I have had so much as a head cold since I have been home.
I love to relive the past. See how far I have come. I hardly yell at anyone that wakes me up at 1pm anymore......:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!