Wednesday, May 21, 2008

yip, yip..going going..GONE!!!

SOLD to number 24 for 45 dollarssssssss (sung to auction melody...). Heard that a couple of times this past weekend when I went up to visit my mother in Pell City, AL. I went up to visit my mother..(and my brothers), and I experienced my first auction. What fun...much better than eBay that is for sure. ;)

My mother works on the committee for the Pell City Animal Shelter, and this auction was to raise money for the animal shelter. The shelter lives alone on donations and fundraisers alone so these things are vital. SO, those that know me...and have read previous posts......ahem...uh, I kinda justified spending a little money. Just a tad..it was going to a good cause after all- feeding kitties and puppies..putting a roof over their homeless heads!!!

P.S. Please give to your LOCAL animal shelter. I have learned from my mother the importance of giving to your local animal shelter versus the national one. Even if you take food, or 5 dollars. PLUS, it is tax deductible. ;) Major bonus.

Okay, so- what did I buy at the auction I ask? Well, I got an antique fern stand. I had never seen one, and had to ask my mother what it was. Once again she gave me a look like she raised an imbecile. Oops. It is beautiful- has fish/dolphins on the bottom part. I have put the peace lily from Lance's father's mother's funeral in it. It is perfect.

I got matching wine tables- antique mahogany, and I LOVE them. I really don't have anywhere to put them now, but I will someday.

I got a huge blue hand blown decoration fish. I LOVE it. It is kind of like a center piece. Hot item at the auction let me tell you. MIIIIINE ALL MIIIINE. hee hee. I am thinking water in it with fresh cut daises floating in it. :) I could put a goldfish in it...humm...or just let it sit there. I forgot to take a picture of the olive oil jar...oops.

THEN my mother got an antique "lady" rocker (smaller rocking chair), THREE antique olive jars (which she GENEROUSLY gave me one...what a DOLL), a couple of plates (pretties), uh, I can't remember what else...humm.... What was funny was trying to figure out how we were going to get it all back to the house. Then I had to figure out how to get all my stuff back to Pensacola. You have to remember that I had my suitcase. Lance wasn't much cargo help, as he rented a convertible. I did put my suitcase in his backseat.

Then we remembered the fish from the deep sea fishing trip Lance and John went on Mother's Day weekend. We thought it would be one cooler. Nope. It was two huge Styrofoam coolers of fish- SCORE!! Way cool for the grocery bill, and our taste buds...not to cool trying to figure out the logistics of where what would go where.

We did it. :) I am the master packer. WHOO-HA.

To get an idea of the my packing skills..check out my next blog entry about Brannon, Me, a convertible BMW, and about $300 worth of plants and accessories. :)

Trying to post a video of the auction... I love the way the auctioneer sings "sold to number 24 for 45 dollarssssss" He was quite the comidian.

Okay, still can't figure out this freaking uploading video-MELODY HELP???!?!?!?!?!??!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!