Mom, Lance, and I went to a food and wine tasting for the Pensacola Wine Festival. We had a good time. I actually sipped some wine but let me tell you- alcohol on fresh wounds.......NOT COOL!!!!!! Actually that part was okay until = tried to start eating the food. OWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Holy Crap. It was so freaking good, I am a glutton......but I was literally was about to pass out from pain. I was taking tiny baby bites and using my full mastication potential. It was worth it though- the food was yummy....some sort of beef on a stick (Satay, I think), asparagus wrapped in phylo stuff (???, again I don't really cook to know the names), a bunch of other just yummy yummy stuff.
The wine was also absolutely great. They give you a glass (which you get to keep), and you go to each tasting station. It is set up with the idea of France, and then there are table with several different wines on it. You go to the first table and have whites, we started out with a pinot Gris (belch), then a Riesling (okay), then you move up...a Burgundy table and Bordeaux table, so on so forth. Each table is a different region of France and the grapes are different- some wines in each area might be white or red. It was interesting. I really didn't have as much tasting as I would normally (uh, each one...) b/c it REALLY DID HURT!!!! This was SUCH an interesting event. I encourage anyone to go to something like this if you have a chance. They really don't give you that much in your glass so if you don't really like it you don't get but about two swallows anyway......which kinda sucks on the OTHER end if you do like it..(ha ha ha)
The place that we went to is called Distinctive Kitchens. I have never been in there, and it is the COOLEST place. I am going to go back! They do cooking classes- but cool things like you see on TV! They a TV above the oven so you can see what is going on and every thing. Talk about awesome. They have one next week on Mexican cooking. I am going to see if they have any openings and see if I can get in. That would be pretty neat. Lance and I both like that, so I know that would work. Mom and I had a blast looking at all the kitchen gadgets and do dads. They also had an appliance section next door that was interesting. Mom taught me about "induction stoves" I had never heard of them before- and now that I have, I am very interested. We had a lot of fun. Lance was on call, and we even got him to go down there with us and relax. WOW. This is was a first. Kudos to him! He has never gone out and done ANYTHING while taking stroke call. No alcohol for him....just the food, but that is OK. I am glad that he went with us and had fun. :)
I am off to bed. Mom and I are going to tomorrow for a different wine tasting and food pairing. There is also the Pensacola Jazz Festival this weekend that we are going to check out. It should be a lot of fun. Lance and I went to it last year when I came up for my interview for the NICU. Can you believe it has been a WHOLE YEAR already. Wow. It has just hit me. amazing huh?
Time to sleep now.
Much love.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!