Well, I sent this from my new phone...and didn't realize it post sideways.....uh, whoops.:)
I got a wonderful pick me up yesterday. My surprise was signed We miss you & love ya! Hurry back , your"SHMG" (sacred heart medical group) Family. Awwwwwwwwww. It was so sweet, and they are absolutely beautiful. I Know I have not updated on here- I really have no excuse. ;)
I spent the first week basically gorked out of my mind on lortab elixir and Demerol elixir. I did really good that first day- I think because the doped me up on Deluded in post-op. Boy were they nice to me. :) The second day, I realize wasn't too awful bad either....in the grand scheme of things. I couldn't talk, ran some fever....my uvula was so swollen I couldn't see it-it extended past my tongue. My poor husband- who really has not ever experienced me snoring....much less snoring that rattles windows had to endure it....poor thing.....I woke up at one point to him playing with his Treo....This was about a minute after he told me to roll over b/c I was snoring (which NEVER happens)...to my defense I was under the influence of drugs OKAY.. and my entire soft tissue are from the neck up was swollen!!!!! I went and slept on the couch. Which was actually better b/c the arm rests kept my head up and couldn't roll over on my stomach like kept doing in the bed. Days later when my mood lightened Lance let me revealed to me the audio that he had of me snoring....it is quite unique. I will have to figure out how to put it on here.
I pretty much layed low the rest of the week after I posted the last time. I have backed up all my pictures on DVDs- something I recommend everyone do. I have also discovered Picasa by Google to organize my photos, and to upload to the Internet to share. I don't know if it will work, but I am going to try and put a link to my public gallery for pictures over to the right, check them out. I am trying to get them all uploaded- ALL MY DIGITAL PICTURES!!!! WOW!!!!!!!
My mother is coming down this weekend and I am excited about that. There is a wine festival in P'cola this weekend and we have 2 tickets to attend. I am excited. The vendors are local restaurants like The Fish House, Eat!, Atlas, and Jackson's. I am excited to share this with Mom. It will be a good way to be able to show a bunch of different things all at once to here. Plus it is downtown, and we can walk around and do some sight seeing while we are at it.
My scabs have come off of my surgical site, so old tonsil area(I don't know what to call it now) is REALLY REALLY sore. I am still at risk for bleeding as it is still healing, so no strenuous activities. No lifting over 15 lbs, and they say no bending below the waist. The discharge instructions say slowly resume regular diet as tolerated, but I tried measly lo mien noodles yesterday and I thought I was going to DIE. Just mushy noodle felt like NEEDLES poking my tender flesh. SO, I immediately went back to my egg drop soup. I hope I can at least eat SOME of the goodies this weekend.
I know I won't be drinking the wine, as it is a blood thinner and can increase my chances of bleeding...I will do the real wine tasting thing and swish and spit......but I REALLY want to eat the food. I LOVE FOOD...and I finally and getting my taste fully back!
Love to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!