What a great day. I woke up at 3am. Yippe. You have to love that. I went over the Mobile, AL and saw my friend Melody who was down for work. That was wonderful- I LOVE old friends..uh, long time friends.....Speaking of old. We realized..or we both talked about how we realize everyday that we are getting older. We met when I was fresh out of college- my "younger" years, our "party" hardy times. Wow. What a long time ago that was. The guys that were working with Melody apparently like going out and "having fun". Melody and I went and ate some Thai food, and were back at the hotel by 830pm. Woo hoo. Party people in the house, wave your hands!!! Awesome.
And about the 3am??? Apparently Melody's CRACKberry (aka Blackberry- that thing is SO COOL btw...it even has GPS on it) does change time zones...so when she set the alarm for 400am it went off at 3am. sigh. We didn't go back to sleep...we just talked. ;) Gotta love that. Why take showers? We can do that at home? Ha ha ha.
The trip over to Mobile was great minus the fact that Google maps SUCKS at giving directions. Melody was working in the Ghetto. Thank God my Angel was directing me b/c I was kinda guessing as the roads weren't marked AT ALL. There was a construction contractors convention at the hotel we stayed at. LOL. They all drove Chevy Pick up trucks that looked exactly the same. It was hysterical. Melody said she felt like she was back home in Peidmont, AL. HA HA. There seriouly must have been 10 of them there (trucks or so). Sigh. Funny.
I haven't made that many friends here in Pensacola- few at work. I don't really do too much with them outside of work, but we get along great. Brannon is an awesome friend, and I am thankful for her. Without her I would go nuts. BUT- I am SO blessed to have SO many friend scattered across the country. Not only just 'friends', but close friends. Friends that I know if I don't see for 1 year or 10 nothing will change. I thank God for them. All you. I may not get to see you all very much, or talk to you hardly at all- but I do think of you, and I DO love you all. I do treasure every time I get to see you.
Know that my door is always open to all my friends- even if I haven't seen you in 5 years. If you are coming my way- CALL ME, EMAIL me, anything. Family and Friendship and God are what I think are the most important things in this world..(at least to me). If you get those right, the rest will follow.
Sigh. ANYWAYS.
More good news. I was reading online and there might be a vaccine soon for Strep Throat. How cool would that be? I am still going to get my tonsils out as I don't want to get rheumatic heart disease in the meantime. HA HA HA HA. Knowing me...I WOULD GET IT.
I have my tonsils out March 24 at 7am...or round about then. ;) Pray for me. That I like don't bleed out, or something.
Off to finish getting ready for my surprise trip for Lance!!!! We will be back on Monday!
Love to all my homies!
I loved our little spend the night party!!! We aren't old, we just decided to be like teenagers for the night!
ReplyDelete