Sunday, February 24, 2008

Warm and fuzzies, cold and empty.

Today was an interesting day. I learned that I have two great friends in Brannon and Terry. They have been asking us to church for the past few weeks, and I have been wanting and feeling the pull to go- but Lance hasn't. You know you can't drag someone to go. I have been praying and praying. I have gotten Christi and Taz in on the praying also. Lance felt the pull, the call- the tug, the yank, the whatever you want to call it. You know that thing you feel that you need something? Something is missing. I have been outta practice of regularly going to church so I am missing it to. I pray all the time, but Fellowship is different. Organized worship is different. Being taught is different.

So, anyways. We went, and it was great. The church that we went to was Mt. Olive Baptist Church with Terry and Brannan. The most DIFFERENT Baptist church I have EVER been to. I wouldn't think it is more leaning towards nondenom. if you asked me. Anyways- get this. The guest pastor was from B'ham, Al. The preached an awesome sermon. Although, I do know that pastors don't like to be told that. :) Mark told me a long time ago. Lance and I enjoyed it, felt a void fill. A peace come over us.

We felt a closeness between us and a connection. I KNOW this is God's hand touching our lives right now when we need Him. Little did we know when we were bowing our heads, praying and holding hands, heads pressed against each other in emotional and spiritual support that something was happening.

After church the four of us went to The Fish House for Brunch, and Lance got a call from his father. We learned that Lance's Mamaw passed away. This has been a hard year for Lance. Please pray for him. Terry and Brannan were really good at being genuine in their caring words. There were no platitudes from them. That meant a lot from me.

Lance and I were talking later how quickly life goes by...and how you always thing you have more time.......and how important today is...sigh. That is the cold and empty part that I mentioned in the title. We didn't stay there for long. It was too great of a start of the day, to stay cold and empty for too long.

Just think about us, and our possible trek to Kentucky again.

Love to all.
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've made it to church. I always find comfort being there too -- to the point I tear up - to the horror of my children! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy for you finding a new church home? What was the name of the pastor, maybe I know him!
    Let me know when/how long you will be in KY, mabye I can meet up with you, otherwise I'll see you in a couple of weeks. Send my love to Lance.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!