Me and G at Mardi Gras. We had fun freezing our rears off at the Orange Beach Mardi Gras Parade. We got down there an hour early and got great seats...in front of the portable pooper....well, it was freezing so it didn't stink- and there really wasn't that many people...so we didn't worry about it.
THEN the obnoxious people showed up. It was as woman with her three kids, one of which had a laser pointer....and he thought it was a good idea to point it at people's foreheads, chests and eyes. IDIOT. THEN, the parade was late..and the cars flying by at pedestrian flattening speed. We had a funny guy next to us in a sweatshirt that had Memphis written on the front (so we call him Memphis). He was yelling at the cars to slow down. Guess you had to be there. :)
When there was a break, in the traffic G and I ran across Frogger style to the Geriatric side (we called it that since it was the Snow Birds coming out of the condos to watch the parade).
We had a blast. There wasn't very many floats, but the ones that were there threw some good beads :). I don't quite know what I am supposed to do with them though.................the whole thing lasted only 25 minutes or so.......I just love having my friend G here. Thank God for friends.

Uh, maybe you should give up Mardi Gras parades for Lent.
ReplyDeleteI didn't do anything bad I promise!!!!
ReplyDelete