Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wii vs Mii who would win?

Generation X. What would many people say a toy that really defines us...maybe not even a toy...a device- used in ALL aspects of life now. Developed to a tee since we have really been born and developed our selves...

That is right. Computers. Gadgets. Consoles. Video Games. We all love them. We all hate them. It is like a sick sick love affair. We get giddy with sweaty palms thinking about them, anticipate the next time we get to play with them....but them realize we must quit.....KNOW we have to stop.....but then we still do it....

we still get another.......we still buy one more......

we say not this time...........

I bought my husband a Wii.

What was I thinking???????? Let me set the record straight. I love video games- I grew up with my brother and I spending hours and hours bonding slack jawed and glassy eyed over them. My mother let us as an escape from our lives. We used our brains and dove in to Super Mario 1,2,3 etc, Final Fantasy 1+, and the Zeldas...we moved to the Sega system...then up to the Super Nintendo. It was a wonderful time. By the time I went to college and the Game cube craze and N64, 360, etc. craze came we didn't get those....but the boys did get a Playstation 2...then I had to get one because I went home and they were totally kicking my butts. Plus, I wanted to pick up guys. ;) Didn't work.

Sorry, I digress. The story goes on and on. I am competitive. Very.

So, my great plan this Christmas was to get Lance a Wii and surprise him, and make him SO VERY happy and excited like I would be. Uh, didn't quite work that way at first. He didn't really know what it was. :) Now that we have had a chance to play with it and see what all it does he LOVES IT.

The boxes has made my arms sore for three days. Hardest workout I have had since the marathon. (Yes, sad- but true. I have to get to a gym). It is awesome. You can hook it up to your wireless Internet and play the same game with other people anywhere that is hooked up also. (HELLO FRIENDS?????)

I feel 10 years younger...and sadly that is only 20. ugh.

So, Wii vs Mii....who would win? Wii- hands down....i haven't down the fitness challenge- it tells you how old you are physically......I will post that later

Since I only stayed up until 1030 last night on New Years Eve I realized I am an old Fart. Pure and Simple.

We saw 139 People in 8 hours at work on Monday. That is 17 people an hour if you figure it up. That is insane. I was pooped and had to work today. I stuck a fork in myself and yelled DONE after I drank a glass or three of wine at 7pm. HA HA HA HA HA.

Happy New Year to all...and to all a good night.

Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!