Saturday, January 12, 2008

Anyone seen my septum?

One of our favorite places to eat here in Pensacola is Horizen Sushi. We used to go there about once a week, but we have scaled back to once every two weeks (hee hee hee). When I met Lance he wouldn't even kiss me after I ate a roll, much less eat one. After much coaxing and watching me go on and on about how yummy they are he tried one and then another- and now he is hooked....uh- no pun intended.

SO, off we trot to the sushi house..or should I say off we swim/flop to the sushi house.

Welp....the other night I was eating a bento box- which as you sushi savvy people know is a variety of things. I was sick of our 'usual' and wanting something different. It included some chicken teryiaki, broccoli, carrots, shrimp tempura, veggies tempura, dumplings, California rolls, etc. etc....well, I had had two pieces of broccoli (my fav) and was deep in conversation with Lance and was going to eat my third piece of broccoli....

I reached down with my chops and grabbed and dipped in soy sauce and plopped in my mouth and chewed....it was mush.....a lot more mushy than they other two pieces of broccoli...and then it hit me.....it was not broccoli...I had just picked up the whole entire ball of green wasabi dipped it in soy sauce, deposited in my mouth and proceeded to chomp on it twice (each side of my molars) like an imbecile. You know how you have the 0.75 seconds of time when food hits your mouth that you know something is not right, but you just don't know what it is??? Yeah- not cool. I did the instinctive- *GASP* Which made me swallow 1/3 of it. WAY NOT COOL. Then I did like a dog with peanut butter on his tongue and was sticking my tongue out and spitting it out.

Plop, plop, plop on my plate. I was trying really hard not to make a scene. Lance said all I said was "oh my God" really quietly, and my eye kind of teared up. I then my napkin and wiped my tongue off (thank got for cloth napkins that don't tear an pill up). I didn't want to rinse my mouth out because they had clear glasses and I SURE as HECK wasn't going to swallow it.

THAT CRAP WAS HOT.

I have never in my life felt pain like quite like that. It was very unique. Not the worst pain ever- but definitely the most unique........


Only me. Tell you what- cleared my sinus out better than my Neti Pot though. ;)


http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/03/fashion/03skin.html?_r=1&no_interstitial&oref=slogin

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA! I'm going to have to repeat this story to some people!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!