1213-Waiting to go back for surgery. Looking good huh ? Good and HUNGRY I say. Last meal 900pm 12/28/04
8:46pm- now it is at night, and I am feeling high...like really. One word, four syllables..Vic-o-pro-fen.
Rewind-Got to the hospital for check in at 1035am Sacred Heart Same Day Surgery Staff was Wonderful. The nurse that started my IV was a stroke survivor and treated by Dr. Soto (she told of her own will so this isn't a HIPPA violation) in July right before Lance came. I will call her Mrs. K. Mrs. K was WONDERFUL. She suffered a lot of fine motor skills loss on her dominant hand, but she had (has) a lot of determination and is pretty much back to full capacity as far as that goes. Mrs. K said that to get her skills down pat for IVs her husband and children would let her practice IVs on them. WOW. That is great family. All I know is that she was great with me. So then I waited and thought of food...I was starving......
Then each member of the team came and introduced themselves to me- the Anesthesiologist Dr. Fish, my nurse Bonnie, the CRNA Toni, and of course Dr. Duke. All took lots of time with me and answered all of my questions. I was concerned so much about the strep throat before, but everyone was so reassuring about it not being a problem- as long as I keep taking my antibiotic.
When I talked to the CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesiologist), I asked her a question no one else I think has ever asked...What medicines are you going to use doing the procedure? She gave me a really weird look, but she told me.....when I was getting onto the table in the OR suite I told her that my best friend Christi has her first interview of two tomorrow for CRNA school, and I wanted to give her some info to prep for. She just laughed and said she was wondering...and I told her plus I am always curious. :)
They gave me some versed and some relaxing gas, I was HUNGRY......and the next I know I am in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit with Hilda (my nurse there) and she was GREAT to. I was not in the least bit nauseated at all(hungry in fact)- That was a MAJOR problem with my other two surgeries(the nausea). I felt groggy, but good. Hilda went and got Lance. Oh, by the way- Lance got SPOILED today.
It was mentioned in the conversation with Mrs. K that Lance was a neurologist now with Dr. Soto, and he trained under Soto. She found that excited. I think b/c of that I got some extra nice treatment. (hee hee hee) We totally didn't through that around, but it really DID come up in conversation. ANYWAYS, b/c of that when she showed where to wait for me..she showed him to the DOCTORS LOUNGE...EATING FREE FOOOOOOOOOOD.....ugh.
My recovery period was a SNAP. They let me stay there while Lance went and got my pain meds- that took about 30 mins. I don't think that they normally do that, but they were so nice about letting us stay there. They didn't' have any food, but boy did I drink up some Pepsi. HA HA.
So we went and got some take out Chinese food, came home and Lance proceeded to explode his diet coke on the floor. it had about an 8 foot radius spew. We where on the floor wiping and doing the Woolite spot treat thingy- I was laughing b/c the post op sheet was said rest today, and resume daily activities tomorrow..but no driving....I don't scrub 8feet of carpet as a daily activity anyways........who heck does except a Merry Maid?? HA HA HA
Long story short, I am doing good. I feel good. As I matter of fact- my throat feels BETTER than I did before the procedure...but I think that is from the fentanyl and vicoprofen. My sinus congestion is better to- I don't know how to explain that either. Maybe the atropine? I have no clue?
I am so sleepy so I am going to go for now.

They gave me neosynephrine during my c-section, that helped my sinuses AND my blood pressure!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get well soon, Laura. I need some of your wit stat!!
You remembered EVERYONE'S names!!!! Wow, work would be so proud :)
ReplyDelete