Changing Jobs...uh, again....I am a serial job changer
Current mood:
peaceful
So here I am starting over again. Obviously I have not been entirely happy where I am for a while, and it is not a good fit for me- AND Lance. I have to do what is right for me and for my family......some day family anyways. HA HA HA. It was a really hard thing to do- admit defeat and leave the NICU. I love working with the babies- I love work. BUT I am old enough to know what my limits are and to know that I have to take care of myself. I am also young enough to know that I had other options. So I went to my manager and she was understanding- thank God. I am not offically not a neonatal nurse.
Yikes. Very sad, as this is what I always wanted to do- but I just can't there is too much going on there that I don't want in my life. YOU KNOW????? ;) It is very to not the few friends I had made up there....I say few due to the fact that you work your damn arse off so hard that is hard to really get to know people. BUT, My friend Devona was my preceptor and she has been wonderfully supportive in my work there. She really was trying to make me comfortable and lift me up. I know she felt this coming- I felt bad, and felt like I let her down. When I told her today, she understood. I know will stay friends. I had been out of the nurse managers office around 5 minutes LITERALLY and waiting for Devona and another of the people I had become friends with came up to me and said (very sweetly) "you are quitting???" I was just shocked. I mean I heard stuff getting around quick but MY GOD. This is was faster than a damn A-Bomb. I asked her where she heard it from, and she said the coodinater...and I am like where did SHE hear it from?????? good grief. I just wanted to get out of there before I started getting the dirty looks. Because, I knew they were going to come.....the ones that relize that b/c I quit they are going to have to work MORE mandatory OT or have 4 babies on more days or go home at 9pm more often b/c I am quitting. Blah.
What matters is that I have peace about it, I feel good about. I have to do what is right for MY life, my husbands life, and my future families life. I have to a GOOD quality of life.
SO, I have applied for a transfer to the Urgent Care Clinic/Occupational Health. My manager said that she will grant it- I hope that she stays true to her word. ;) Wish me luck everyone.
This is the next step in my life.......I really wanted to not find a job and have to work at bar. Jimmy BRAXTON makes it sound interesting. ;)
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!