Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I LOVE SAN FRAN!

We actually went on 8/18/2007

Okay, well, I am cheating as I am going to copy my post from my Myspace page......;) so if you read it there you don't have to read it here. This picture was actually one that I took with my phone, and I sent to the go@blogger.com to test out the mobile blogger function...I LIKE IT!!! I may really start using that! cool huh. It just pops it up in there! Anyways.....

Well, the trip to San Fran went off WITH a hitch.....for Lance anyways. I made it out there after a 3 hour delay at Pensacola airport...after getting dropped of 1.5 hours early by Lance on his way to work. UGH. It's alright...have book, will travel.
Lance on the other had a horrible trip out there. He left after work- and his flight out of pensacola was delayed..he got to Dallas, and they couldn't land b/c of the Tropical Storm. They circled and circled and circled....until the pilot came over the loud speaker and said ...."don't they know we are about to run out of gas????" SO, they had to go to Texarkana to land and get more gas......and wait out the storm...for about an hour.....in the plane, on the tarmac.....they couldn't get out of the plane b/c there wasn't any TSA agents in the airport. The whole airport was shutdown. MISERABLE. Needless to say Lance didn't make his connection in Dallas to San Francisco that night....so Thursday night I was on my own (I got there at 5pm).
They were finally about to fly into Dallas, and land. They were able to get their luggage- and poor Lance had no extra clothes. He was going to have to rough it in the airport....WAIT! The gracious people at American Airlines(AA) paid for 50% of a room at motel 6...they just had to wait for a bus to take them there......um the bus never came.......so a group including lance took a cab to the hotel... uses his last bit of cash to his name to pay his part..then he checks into the hotel and realizes the freaking starving. BECAUSE- on the airplane he didn't even get a bag of peanuts b/c AA makes you pay for EVERYTHING.
So at 1230am, he leaves his motel to walk a half a mile to WHAT-A-BURGER...and as he is walking down the street the automatic sprinklers come on and he gets hit. Talk about hitting a man when he is down. He gets his burger (1st one ever, and loved it), and realizes he has 3 hours to sleep. As he has to get up and be on an airplane bound for Orange County in the AM.
He flew to Orange County, CA....and while he was there- the start saying Code 5 Code 5. No boarding or deplaning. Airport Shutdown." Appearantly there was a BOMB or something at the security check point. Lance had NO room for delay his plane had to get to San fran on time . He only had 2 hours to after they plane laned to get his bags, get to the hotel shower and get to the conference.....

THANK GOD the OC people were right on top of it b/c it was handled pretty quick and Lance's flight wasn't delayed too long. It was close though, I picked him up (after getting a little lost in San Fran, but that is to be expected. Driving in that City SUCKS.)
The rest of the trip was AWESOME- just to short. I wasn't brave enough to drive around by myself, so I just walked. Went to china town, just walked and walked, sat and watched people. It was fun. Lance and I went up to the top of the hill on the other side of the golden gate bride- some sort of fort or something. Christi and I missed it last time- we didn't go up that high. I took Lance down to the Warf also. He liked SF, but he said it was TOO COLD!. He is just a beach bum!
The trip home was pretty much uneventful- unless you count my UTI. HA HA HA. That 5 hour flight was brutal. I have be battling that all week- I havn't been this sick in a while.

Other than that life is good in the King household-settling in. Married almost 3 months, and NO I AM NOT PREGNANT. ha ha ha ha. If you guys only knew. hee hee hee. Someone at work heard I was going to the OB/Gyn (my yearly) and then I was really sick (the UTI) and the put 2 and 2 together (and got 16) and decided I was pregnant. SIGH. quite comical.
Lance is enjoying his work. He takes his oral boards soon, and is studying really hard- so I get to be quiet a lot. That is really really hard. I always seem to want to be LOUD when I need to be quiet.
Hope all is well with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!