life update....
Current mood:
sleepy
Okay, so apparently the gas leak was a pretty major thing (go figure). We were back in the hospital in 16 hours, but they had to take the tanks out and all the piping (they were the propane tanks for the generator). They had the front part of the ER (ambulance ramp/main entrance) cordoned off, and so pt's had to come in the front of the hosp. Apparently that is too much hassle so the last two nights I have been back at work it has been SWEET. Since I only slept 2 1/2 hours yesterday and have a hellacious head cold- that was fine with me. The whole ordeal was pretty funny b/c they closed inpatient, but the ER was open- I guess they figured we could blow up. :)
It was also very slow last night b/c a local gal jumped off of a mesa right in town- approx. 400 foot drop- straight down. It was very very sad. I can't imagine what she was going through. She was a gal that came to the ER every week either manic or depressive- seeking attention, eloping, coming back, laughing and egging on. We never thought she would ever actually do anything- but you just never know. It is very sureal. Say a prayer for her twin sister- who is bipolar also, but she takes her meds. I really hope that she doesn't take it too hard.
I am out here in AZ working my 7on- when I go home this next time Lance's parents will be there so I am excited to see them. Lance's b''day is on the 13th, so they are coming down early for that. Also, he is finished with his residency today, and on Wednesday starts his fellowship in EMG at UAB- I am proud of him.
The Attendings appointed him Chief Fellow of Neurology- very nice on the old CV(resume for all us peons). He is still interviewing and looking for a good match for when he gets out next summer- everyone keep their fingers, toes, hair and eyes crossed that he lands somewhere that is a good fit for him. Say a prayer too...
Other than all that life is same old same old for me. I am just counting down the miles until I get my Medallion status and I gets first class....3.5 more trips. ha ha ha. I am so greedy.
I miss everyone, and I hope everyone is doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!