Today we were out and about and Lawson say a man on crutches with an above the knee amputation, and he said "Hi, I was NOT expected that!" Pointing at his missing leg, then he turns to me and says " I am SHOCKED"
Boy was I also. I looked at the man with what I hope was an apology in my eyes, as I told lawson that sometimes people get boo boos that can't be fixed and sometimes people lose parts of their bodies. It is something that just happens and we are glad they are okay and alive".
Lawson just kind of looked for a few seconds and introduced himself and told the guy he was 4 and could roar like a dinosaur and all was forgotten. The guy didn't seem put off by it, but I was sweating bullets and realized I need a book or something to know what to say in these situations. HA.
(I was also mildly afraid that he would shun this man, like he has shunned all his broken toys since he was a baby. Just now getting him to realize that "we still love it anyways" isn't just about the toys....one day I might lose a leg and don't want to cast off. HA.
Tonight at the start of Bed/Bath routine my child was NOT wanting to go to bed at ALL. He wanted to stay awake for Daddy (who was HOURS away from getting home, so that wasn't happening)
After a decent back and forth of challenging me, me giving reasons, blah blah blah. I finally had enough and said "I am not KIDDING. Get in the bathtub!"
Lawson let out the drama and was pointing at me and said "YOU'RE A BOY MOMMY".
Me- *giggle* A BOY?
L- Its NOT FUNNNNY- You a boyyy
Me- snicker- I a girl honey. Do you think I am boy b/c I am making you get ready for bed?
L- NOT a boy....you are like THIS ** Hands me a toy wooly mammoth with long horns (from new movie the good dino.) "YOU'RE A BULLY"
oh. well. I feel like double poop. I guess the laughing at him when I didn't understand pushed him over the edge.
AAAND as I was typing this Lawson woke up and is a crying mess. Apparently only I can solve this catastrophe of darkness and lack of daylight. Doesn't matter that daddy is already in bed, and lawson is ready for sleep.....and I have more stuff to do out here.
NOPE. I told Lawson he had to find a way to snuggle with Daddy or not...but I wasn't staying b/c i Had work to do.
The result? "Mommy, you DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE".
sigh.
I know this happens to everyone. Even the most puritan child probably smited their mom at some point. Or whatever they did.
Such a day. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!