Friday, May 3, 2013

Vacation!!

We went to Aruba and had a blast!!! So much to say

Memaw and Bama Gramma came down here so we all flew out together. Early morning flight (730) was perfect. The long flight to Aruba was right at Lawson's baptize! He was askeo before the plane took off, and slept all the way there.

We got there were greeted with warm weather and a nice breeze.

We got two rooms connected with a common area- and it was perfect!

Bama Grama and Memaw were perfect roommates.

Lawson was sure not to show any favoritism- if he gave one a hug, he would give the other one a hug. This boy is nothing if not compassionate.

First two days we did nothing. Played in the water, swam, ate, etc. Lawson and Memaw checked out the nightly show and he LOVED the cirque type show. After the show he clapped for the specific performers that he liked- the one he didn't- he just shrugged. LOL

We rented a jeep one day and that was fun! Drive up to baby beach and snorkeled. I am very proud of our mothers- they both did it!!! I also had a freaking puffer fish bite my hand. Granted, I was holding a pea- but geez- that little fricker was impatient!

We also went on the Sea Explorer- it didn't go totally under the water, but rather you walked down and it water down under the water. We got up close to the shipwreck Atlantis without getting wet!

At one point the tour guide, Nancy, was talking about how the Antillas captain went down with the ship. The. Talked about how the captain of the Recent shipwreck Concordia didn't- he fell into the life raft (with his girlfriend, luggage and wine), then she called him a "chicken of the sea". To which Lawson started going "BAWK BAWK BAWK", flapping his arms like a chicken. Seriously- this kid is a little ham. After that he would "do the chicken" and pretty much expect people to clap and cheer for him like on the boat. Goofy boy

The last day was then just relaxation. Lawson wore his swim jacket and loved the water so much. He would push me away and say "I sim! I sim!" He was convinced he was swimming.

No one got a sunburn- and I looked like an idiot with my UV Coolibar sun protective clothing and hat on. Honestly- I don't care. Melanoma is no frogging joke. Our check out day, we saw a little girl with gauze on both forearms from a sunburn. You could tell her arms hurt so bad, and could see the drainage through her bandages. My heart just aches for that sweet child- she was Lawson's age.

I absolute can not believe howling he has grown up! He ate so much better there. I can't figure out why??!! The amount of food he consumed was unreal! May all that "sim-ing?"


Enjoy some pictures!



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!