Sunday, October 23, 2011

Travel Time

Okay, I have had quite a few people have issues getting into the blog, so I am going to open it back up. Our son will now be Law or The Law(as in He lays down the Law around here. LOL), and I will have to figure out how to water mark my photos.....hmmm....

Things are flying by, and I can't believe it! here we are at 16 weeks and it is crazy! Four months. Our baby has been with us for 4 months!Every day is an adventure, and I swear Law will wake up sometimes bigger than he was when he went to sleep.

We are on our way home from our trip to see family, and it went really well. I was worried so much about Law catching something, but so far so good. I worry since if he gets sick he isn't supposed to travel for 2 weeks due to respiratory reasons in the car seat and his prematurity. That being said, I really would rather not get stuck away from home with a sick baby. Ugh.

Law did really good with the travel! We headed out around 4pm and he slept until we got to Trussville at around 745pm. We fed him, walked around and let him kick around for about an hour. We headed on our way and got to Chattanooga around 11pm CST.

We stayed with Cindy and Brian and it was fun introducing Law to their sweet girl. She kept her eyes on him, but Law was kinda "meh" LOL Typical guy.Keep her guessing.

We TRIED to get up to a pumpkin patch with The Kicklighters and the McKinneys. I say TRY b/c it was hard as heck to get out the door in time. We got there in time to eat with them and visit for a little while...then them to leave. Sigh. Story of my life. I am glad that we got to see them for a little while together. Spent a little more time with Christi that night, but as per usual it is never enough. I feel like I need a social planner when I go to Chattanooga.

The trip to KY went well, and Law slept the whole way there. All 4 hours. HECK YEAH!

Introducing him to family was wonderful. He was a great kid and put up with all of us making goofy faces and crazy noises 6 inches from his face. LOL. We stayed at the Benham School House Inn, and that was good. We ended up in the suite b/c the room they initally put us in was entirely too small for all our STUFF.

Speaking of STUFF, I think we will always fill up whatever vehicle we have. If we get a Winnebago- it will be stuffed full of....STUFF. Lance took 7 pairs of shoes b/c you "just don't know" (i have to say I took two. Flip flops and tennis shoes) I brought Law about 20- outfits b/c "he might spit up" ha ha ha. Then there is all the stuff we ended up with- Snow suits/pants/winter stuff from our trip to the ILs for the Steelers game, various presents from people for Law, a PUMPKIN. LOL.

On the plus side I have learned MORE about what works for us as far as diapers go.
#1 Find out if hotel has washer and dryer. (ours didn't. argh)
#2 Find out if family member with w/d has hard water.
#3 You really don't have to bring your ENTIRE diaper stash. LOL

So what is Law up to?
  • loves his frog on his car seat handle. Every time I pull the cord and the little beads bounce his eyes get huge and surprised. He loves to talk to it and I will catch him smiling and laughing at it. He isn't as enamored by the monkey anymore....his affection is going to the frog now. Such a fickle boy. LOL
  • he will follow me around the room. If he hears my voice in another room, he will whip his head around to try and seek me out.
  • Still LOOVES walking with Daddy. It will calm him down so quickly.
  • He is full of smiles and giggles....at times. Mostly the morning and late after noon. BUT when getting his picture taken- not so much. Pure dead pan. Like a little old man with parkinsons. Total Flat affect when the flashbulbs go off. TOO FUNNY!
  • Car seat is a sedative. Woo hoooooo!
  • He is a CHUNK. Last saturday he weighed 13# at the pumpkin patch, but feels so much heavier. Someone guessed his age today as 6 months. I said nope- 16 weeks, but actually 10 weeks since premature...the reply? "omg, he is so fat". Geez people.
That is all for now. Laptop battery is dying. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!