Thursday, September 15, 2011

Owie!

Lawson got his first set of shots yesterday- on his 11 week birthday! We went back and forth on the issue of shots- mainly b/c he would be getting three shots with a total of 6 at once. For the record I am PRO immunizations- but I respect everyone's choice to do what they want with their child....well, do a degree. Doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it, but I respect it. I don't want anyone telling me what to do, so I will not do that to any one else. I DO expect parents to education themselves and make the choice that is right for them.

Anyhoo- what he got:
  • Hib (haemophilus influenzae type b) prevents meningitis, pneumonia, epglotitis, sepsis {blood infection}, heart infection, deafness
  • DTaP (diptheria, tetanus, pertussis) We all know what this is....Please get your pertussis booster if you haven't in a while. Check, out THIS data. It is shocking the rates of pertussis have jumped super high, and haven't been this high since 1940s. COME ON! We are a developed "advanced" country!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!