What did we do today. We got up and went to Westminster Abby. OMG. So
beautiful. Saw Big Ben...not the human sort- the bell sort.
Westminster was beautiful. i was kinda creeped out by walking over all
those dead bodies though. I always get the willies when I walk on dead
bodies. LOL. The history there is amazing. So common for things to be
built in 1000 or 1300 AD. We also saw the OLDEST door in London. LOL.
A teeny tiny wooden door. Saw all sorts of graves and effigies. They
don't let you take photos in the Abby, and you don't risk it b/c they
have serious CCTV, and watch you like a hawk. Althought, as soon as we
left the Abby there was a guy walking down the street drunk, and
drinking more Stella. I guess there is no public intox here. He walked
right past a Bobby. LOL.
I put in a prayer to be read a loud during a prayer session there. It
was pretty sureal, knowing that my words were going to be read out
loud...by someone in such a hallowed ground, and so old. We can't figure out what they(clergymen?) are called b/c it
isn't preists or vicars- as Westminster is protestant. Ugh- I am so
ignorant. LOL.
If God doesn't listen to His leaders in Westminster- where will he? :)
We then popped over the Thames river on the Westeminster bridge and
had a fancy time on the London Eye. Of Course we have ridiculous
touristy pictures that I Love. HA HA. Lord knows I have enough
pictures other wise. There are a few of me in them when Mom got my
little camera. HA HA. We walked along the Thames for a while, and saw
a group of people that was photo class! I SO want to do that one day.
I tried to listen to the tips he was giving, but I didn't understand
half of what he was saying. I got some pretty awssome pictuers of the
Parliment and Big Ben with the sunsetting behind it and back lighting
it. So pretty.
Then we walked back. Went to Marks and Spencer (a little grocer) and
got some wine, cheese, and crackers. We are now back in hotel and
watching Dr. Who at the Proms. LOL.
beautiful. Saw Big Ben...not the human sort- the bell sort.
Westminster was beautiful. i was kinda creeped out by walking over all
those dead bodies though. I always get the willies when I walk on dead
bodies. LOL. The history there is amazing. So common for things to be
built in 1000 or 1300 AD. We also saw the OLDEST door in London. LOL.
A teeny tiny wooden door. Saw all sorts of graves and effigies. They
don't let you take photos in the Abby, and you don't risk it b/c they
have serious CCTV, and watch you like a hawk. Althought, as soon as we
left the Abby there was a guy walking down the street drunk, and
drinking more Stella. I guess there is no public intox here. He walked
right past a Bobby. LOL.
I put in a prayer to be read a loud during a prayer session there. It
was pretty sureal, knowing that my words were going to be read out
loud...by someone in such a hallowed ground, and so old. We can't figure out what they(clergymen?) are called b/c it
isn't preists or vicars- as Westminster is protestant. Ugh- I am so
ignorant. LOL.
If God doesn't listen to His leaders in Westminster- where will he? :)
We then popped over the Thames river on the Westeminster bridge and
had a fancy time on the London Eye. Of Course we have ridiculous
touristy pictures that I Love. HA HA. Lord knows I have enough
pictures other wise. There are a few of me in them when Mom got my
little camera. HA HA. We walked along the Thames for a while, and saw
a group of people that was photo class! I SO want to do that one day.
I tried to listen to the tips he was giving, but I didn't understand
half of what he was saying. I got some pretty awssome pictuers of the
Parliment and Big Ben with the sunsetting behind it and back lighting
it. So pretty.
Then we walked back. Went to Marks and Spencer (a little grocer) and
got some wine, cheese, and crackers. We are now back in hotel and
watching Dr. Who at the Proms. LOL.
PS I haven't found the Tardis yet...apparently there are no more
police booths in London. Guess they all time traveled off. :)
how cool is that about the prayer thing- love the pics and can't wait to read more!
ReplyDelete