I am such a hypocrite. I practically begged Melody to blog more..and then I pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth. Sorry Mel!
What is new with me...okay- lets go to Melody...She came down a few weeks ago for her um...what 10 year high school reunion?!?! (hee hee, figure we should all start shaving off a few here and there to help in the long run) I had a blast seeing her. She drove over to my house from Mobile and hung out for a little while. That was cool- having someone from my 'OLD' life in my new house. So far very few people have gotten to come down and see us. It was nice.
It always amazes me how no matter how much time has passed it seems like it has also stood still- I have such awesome friends that are just beyond description. I am very blessed, and I KNOW God has put all my friends in my life for a reason. I may never know what it is...but we all fit together as friends in so many unique ways that it can only be God sent.
I am getting my niche down here too. I am not a social butterfly, as you all know. I don't do the "Doctor's Wives" things. I don't strive for materialistic surpassing the Joneses. Sometimes that makes it a little hard to find a right fit in a new city when you are my age...with no children...and no home church. There only two of those things I can change....and I am praying about them both. The age thing I only mention b/c as you know- people my age are set with the friends...have their way of life. I can honestly say that I am happy. I am feeling good right now.
Well, that might have a smidgen to do with the Tylenol #3's I have in my system b/c I hurt my back last week...but that is beside the point. :) Yeah, I got a little overzealous lifting weights- doing 45# Cleans. Then I hauled heavy boxes the next day. Finally went to the doctor Friday and now have pain pills, steroids and a script for Physical Therapy. YEAH! Wish me luck. I have been dreading calling my trainer...and I feel like a big WIMP. Things keep happening to me and I miss my workouts. It sucks.
This next week is going to be fun. We are heading up to B'ham for my little brother's graduation. Yup- you heard that right! Will is going to be graduating with a degree in..um...psychology and business I think. I am so proud of him. I just can't believe my little silly brother is graduating college. It is insane.
I now feel old.
That is all for me really. Oh, and the fact that June 5th we leave for Hawai'i. I am so excited I can't stand it.....now if I could just get my hands on some Master Cleanse and a 48 Hour Hollywod Diet...:)
LOVES TO ALL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!