Monday, January 26, 2009

Dropping Like Flies



I am referring to my fellow co-workers. Influenza A has hit the Boulevard. We had two nurses go home in the first 2 hours on Sunday, one x-ray tech "getting over it", a sick doctor, and a sick registration clerk. Let me tell you- we will DO ANYTHING for repeat business.


If you didn't get the flu from sitting in the waiting room, and all the other patients hacking on ya....then WE will reassure we mean the phrase "Thank you for choosing us, we hope you come back again." uh, whenever the incubation period is over for ya and you start to show symptoms.

That is one thing that is hard for the medical professionals. BEING SICK. There are so few that can cover for you if you have to call in or go home. ESPECIALLY on the weekends. I know there are a few of you that might be thinking "I can't believe they worked with the flu- the could be giving it to the patients" It is either that or there are 3 people in the whole building to take care of you. Your normal 1 hour visit will last 4 because there is only one doctor and 3 nurses. Not cool.

I feel sorry for all my co-workers that are sick. I am achy and tired today- I hope it isn't the flu...I hope it is just plain old "I worked my butt off this weekend placating people hangover".

Seriously-that is what I do a lot of the time. "I am sorry you have had to wait 15 minutes, is there anything I can get you? Water, blanket, someone from the lobby, coffee, foot massage or aromatherapy?" oh, you want me to "go ahead and give you a antibiotic shot" since you know that is what the doctor is going to do anyways. Uh, okay- want me to write you an illegal prescription for NARCOTICS TOO??? Since I am only a NURSE!?!?! Sorry, just a little frustrated.

On a completely different note- I was in a wreck this weekend. No gasping or reaching for the phone please. It was a nothing- the best kind of wreck to get into. I was stopped at a light turning left, and a gal was turning right onto my road. Her car apparently thought I was in it's way, so it slid through the turn and smacked my left front bumper.

I was fine- she was literally going about 5 or 10 mph. I did hear a huge CRRRRAAACK. I sat there for a few seconds, and the light turned green (my light) The person behind me (who I would think saw it) laid on their horn and punched the gas- screeching tires. I thought HE was going to rear end me, or clip my back bumper. The rage bubbled up and I turned and flipped him off. I couldn't stop myself. HOW DARE HE get pissed at me b/c I didn't go at the green light right after I get smacked???!?!?!? There is KARMA for people like him...that and healthy dose of my middle finger and good old fashioned F-you. ;) My mother raised me well.

Anyways- I took off my bra and I didn't see any damage..Um, let me clarify that. I took off le bra from my car. The bumper kinda has a gap now...not sure. I haven't seen the front of my car in years. We waited 45 minutes for a trooper to say if there isn't 500 dollars of visual damage he doesn't get involved. We just exchange info and do it ourselves. uh. duh. I didn't know that.

Too bad though that she smacked me- that girl was really nice. If I met her anywhere else we might be friends. ;) I must be lonely today to think that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!