Monday, November 24, 2008

The Big Easy.



This past weekend we went west. Not very far west, but west and out of Dodge just the same. We started our getaway by going to the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, MS. Gotta love the winter holiday rates at casinos! We had a blast there. We played a little blackjack, and I learned how to play "Let It Ride" I actually liked that one. I get intimidated by the seriousness of the card players, and by the pure fact that it is throwing money away. After careful consideration I have decided that a hundred bucks at a time is okay- if you play a game that is slow and you enjoy.....and there is no one else at the table. We had a wonderful time. They had Thursday Pink Ladies night at a bar at the casino. Every lady that had on a pink shirt got free pink drinks from 9pm to 1am. AWESOME!!! I had a variety of pink drinks. One awesome one was a martini made with plum wine. Yummy.

Friday we went and worked out, and Lance discovered a spa. The getting a robe and slippers at the door, snacks, sauna and hot tube kinda spa. It was cute- he was just a little disappointed that we couldn't mingle. uh, THANK GOD!!!! ;) The beau has a really nice spa area......or at least I thought so until I got to New Orleans' Ritz!!!!

We went out to NO on Friday and stayed at the Maison Orleans part of the Ritz. LOVED IT. Loved it the last time we stayed also...and we will love it the next time we go.

Terry and Brannan met us out there, and as their luck would have it-they got a flat tire on the way there..and had to wait forever to get assistance on that VERY busy highway. Poor things. They ended up with the donut on it and on the way to NO.

We had a great weekend- staying at the Ritz Club level is very addictive...you don't want to leave the hotel. They have all the alcohol and food set out..yummy. We did get out and eat at Acme Oyster House. That was yummy. Of course Lance got his obligatory Hand Grenande at the Tropical Ilse.

Saturday was interesting. We all went and worked out. Lance too! He walked for thirty minutes while Brannan and I were in the resistance pool. Then the girls went to get massages- MAJOR treat for me!!!! We were getting the warm stone Vichy massage. Turned out that they booked the wrong massage for both of us. I spoke up and got it changed...shouldn't have. My massage was not a good one. Brannan on the other hand was THRILLED!!!! Mine was basically a rubdown with stones. I was lead to believe that it would be a little more...uh, pressure. I was disappointed. Especially since my thighs were sore from working out two days in a row and the 30 minutes in the Resistance pool.

Brannan was a sweetie and called the spa and ended up getting me ANOTHER massage!!! I went that next morning and was seriously done right. The Ritz is all about customer service let me tell you. I had started to get a head cold that day, and he did a cold stone application and face wrap with peppermint. ahhhhh.

Our nice diner was at Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse. OMG- What a wonderful meal. Then we tooled around Bourbon Street. I lugged my huge ass camera around and didn't take a single picture....Why do I do that every time? Oh, b/c it is a HUGE ASS CAMERA.

So our last day we kicked back...again..and when it was time to leave. THEY LOST A FRIGGIN BAG..........AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Un-friggin' believable. Those that remember, know that this happened last time too. They found it last time after an hour. This time after about an hour they found out where it was...it was in BATON ROUGE. I mean really- we didn't fly. We just checked our bags with bellman to hold until we left. Unbelievably the bags went into someone else's trunk. THANK GOD they called the Ritz to let them know. They are going to overnight the bags to us today. Right after we left the hotel I got a phone call from the Director of Guest Services apologizing about what had happened, etc. etc. When I told him that this is the SECOND time this happened- he said that was ridiculous, and apologized even more. So he said that he would do what it took to make the trip a pleasurable one for us, and he hoped we would come back.

He said he would send papers for us to return when it is a good time for us. YIPPEE!! I just really hope that we get our bag back too. I have a cute pair of boots in there.

So we finally got out of there...and on the way home. I got hit with a head cold from hell. So today I fed my fever with Ibuprofen, drank a lot of water and too Mucinex DM. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!