Murphy's Law has prevailed again.
After a few problems with my OB/Gyn and much deliberation- I got out the phone book, did some research and changed doctors. I have never changed doctors and I was a little nervous- our hospital is a small one, and I always worry about my actions affecting Lance and his job. Obviously he supported my switch when I talked to him about it before I got a new doctor.
So I did some research, found a good doctor with good ratings...and a great practice.
I had my first appointment and it went great- the Doc. actually LISTENED to me, unbelievably ordered tests and developed a plan for my care. AMAZING!!! I was comfortable with the doctor, and the staff. I felt taken care of. Finally. I really need that right now.
Then Mr. Murphy has to make an appearance. At the end of the appt. the Doc says "so, one of the other doctors will have to review your labwork and ultrasound b/c I am going out of town to take care of my Grandmother" She made it sound like an extended visit. Sigh.
Then I started thinking that when I looked up the website that AM my Docs picture and bio wasn't on there...I thought it was strange, but didn't think much else about it. Then the next day at work I told my friends about LOVIN' my new doc. One gal said "I thought Dr. Khan was moving to Orlando and leaving Ladies First"
Uh, okay- why am I so dense sometimes?
I guess when I made the appt with her she didn't know she was going yet (this was apparently a quick thing).
This may actually be a good thing for me. I don't know which doctor is going to take over my care now that I am a flotsam patient. They asked me who did I want to read my ultrasound and said whoever wasn't busy the day it came in (I know from Lance how busy it can be reading EMGs- I can only imagine having to read ultrasounds). I actually wanted Dr. Tucker, but she wasn't taking any new patients. She is a great doctor and everyone has great things to say about her, but I didn't want to be picky. The the other doc. is highly regarded and has great percentages also.
I got my ultrasound report handwritten from Dr. Tucker in the mail the other day and I was happy she read it. Maybe she will be my doctor now, and I will be thrilled.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!