Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pay only Shipping and Handling........






I have discovered a new thing to keep me busy! Busy looking for my old books, DVDs (that are not my husbands), and CDs (uh, that I haven't chucked the cases to), OH- and games.... http://www.swaptree.com/ This is a pretty inovative way to trade the aforementioned items and only pay the dreaded shipping and handling. Definately cheaper than buying new books...(I know BETH- not as cheap as the LIBRARY), BUT can you get CDs and Videos games at the local library? Not that I have bought a CD in the last few years...or 1/2 a decade- but still!! I COULD! I like it b/c there are a few games I don't play that I can swap for other games. Same with books. LOVE IT.

What is really funny though is that I scrolling through the first few pages of books I could "Get Now" (more on how is works later), and I was thinking "read that, read that, read that..think I read that..um...sounds really familar...don't remember the book- but that cover laid around my house for a while so I must have read it...oh- read that, it sucked...oh, LOVED that one...etc. etc. etc...." I was looking at one page of about 40 books and I would say about 35 I had read. Sigh.

Lance is always asking me how many books I think I have read in my lifetime.

There is just no telling. However many I have read, my mother has read it to the 10th power. ;) I feel pain if I don't have a book. I experience phantom pains- I can feel on in my hand, or under my arm if I have fallen asleep with it. I just don't understand how people don't enjoy to read. I like to think they have never had a really good book. If they did they would understand. You get drawn in, and feel like they are your family- like it is going without when you aren't reading. You have to get back as quick as you can so you can see you didn't miss anything.

ANYWAYS, this swaptree works by you entering the books, etc. that you have- enter by the ISBN/UPC number..and what the condition is. Then you enter in books you want, and you browse. The website then finds matches. Lets say I have Gone With the Wind but I want Rebecca- Melody has Rebecca and Wants Uncle Tom's Cabin, and Jackie has Uncle Tom's Cabin and wants Gone With the Wind .....and the website will figure is out and see that there is match. All you know is that you are going to get Rebecca, and you have to send out Gone With the Wind. There are trades straight to people, but as you can imagine this would happen so seldomly. http://www.blogger.com/www.swaptree.com

You can print out shipping labels and use them (media mail) or do the up 13 oz for 1st class depending on the weight of the book. I looked through a lot of the discussion threads and it seemed like a good bit of people did this. The pre-printed ones are track able through the website (USPS), and it is charged to a preregistered card apparently.

I am going to give it a try and see how it goes. If I get people to sign up I get free shipping. One free shipping for each person signed up I think.....SO SIGN UP....I have 4 trades in the works!!!!

You would be amazed at what people want out there. I had someone want my unopened Ali movie that I got years ago and have never once watched. Crazy. She sent a message to me about how she is so excited to get it and that it has never been opened. Insane.

Tell me what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!