Saturday, June 28, 2008

It all happens so fast

I am currently trying to keep up. I have been so freakin' busy. After a few days off after our honeymoon (luke and jen came down) I hit the ground running. I worked for 5 days, then after I got off of work the 20th, I flew up to DC to help my sister (Beth) to drive to MN. She is moving back there after her husband retried from the Boarder Patrol. We had a busy time of it- a little jaunt in to DC to catch the sites, and then cleaning of their rental, and then we left. We left on Sunday at around 3pm after cleaning all day. PHEW. Talk about tiring.

As we started out the trip she mentioned that we would be going by Pittsburgh, and could stay with Jackie- as she said "it wouldn't be very far to get the first day"...turns out it was PERFECT distance. Bless my in-laws, I called at around 7pm, and got there around 9pm. It was great to see them, even if just for a night. My sister was very appreciative, and Stevo LOVED it. He loved exploring the house, and checking out Larry's Harley. When we were looking at the bike he said "my legs are getting all shaky". Cute, huh? Jackie even stayed out of work the next day to make us muffins for our trip...which we realized later that we FORGOT!!!! DARN IT!! They were yummy too. We left out the second day at around 11am (had to visit, doncha know?)

The second night we made it as far as Biloit, WI. Ahh, and did we enjoy ourselves. We had to find a place that had a pool, and we landed at Holiday Inn Express. We got the last room, and a great deal...it was the suite, and had the biggest jacuzzi tub I have ever seen. I took a looooooong bath, and felt like a kid in the tub. :) God love my sister she thought to pack the wine. I love her. Miss Kitty was smuggled in, but started meowing at 12-3 am, and my sister finally had to kick her out to the van so WE didn't get kicked out. We headed out the next day 'early' at 930am. We stopped by Cedar Creek, WI to visit a Laura Ingalls Wilder memorial/ site. I LOVED IT. I grew up wishing I could be here...and I was named after her (well, kinda...I had a great Aunt named Laura also). We then made our way up and stopped at Wal-mart to pick up "just toilet paper and cat litter".....so 200$ later we got out of there, and we finally made it to Karlstad, MN at around 1am. Phew. What a trip.

I loved it though, and would never take it back. Spending 20+ hours with my sister and nephew was irreplaceable. (Sarah stayed behind with her dad to spend more time with her friend) Then we recouped for a day, and I flew back on Thursday....a LOOOOOONG flight. Winnepeg, Canada to Minneapolis to Atlanta...all delays for weather. blah. Finally got home at 1130pm or so..after leaving Karlstad at 9am. blech. then I had to work Friday, and sat....I have had a horrible migraine since Friday morning. I could NOT get it to go away. Finally today I got a toradol shot, and a medrol dose pack. I feel so much better, but it is still a presence. Like any minute it will start again.

So, tomorrow I get up and look at houses before going to work.. then Monday I get my other crown prep...then another stretch of work......then the holiday weekend. I still don't know what I am doing for the holiday- I may just "be". I just don't understand how all my friends that work and have kids do it. I just don't. I have a hard time managing Lance and I's daily domestics. Is it something you just learn??? I don't know, it is kinda freaking me out.

On the plus note I LOVED seeing the Lincoln Memorial, the White House, and the Washington Monument.

The next trip we have is going to be the weekend of Lance's B'day (July 13th). We are going to go up to Pittsburgh and see his folks. He is excited about it, and I am glad we are going.

I wish I had more exciting news..but this is just my life....why do you think I titled my blog Life in Mundania????

I still can't believe it is almost freakin' JULY. JULY???!!! no way...(WAY TED...as Christi would always as a nod to Bill and Ted's movies).

Oh, and I talked to Christi this weekend and she is doing good. BUSY as a hummingbird in spring....hee hee...I was really struggling with an analogy, but you get my drift. She is in heavy duty classes and a non clinical- clinical. Meaning the don't call it clinicals, but she goes to the hospital and gets taught things...I guess so next session she will know the ins and outs before she starts holding people in the palm of her hand. I am so proud of her I can't stand it. Say prayers for her- she is super girl in my eyes when it comes to school and nursing, but she can always use a boost.

ta ta for now. one day I will get my pictures on line.

OH, and for the cherry on the cake....or top rather, in Karlstad, MN I actually saw a MOOSE!!! A real live, in the wild moose. Of course we had cleaned out the van and I left my cell phone at home b/c I didn't really get service up there...so NO PICTURES. It was HUGE, and beautiful. Most amazing thing I have ever seen.

love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!