I am okay , at least that is what I am told... Alive although I don't feel like it. I had to go into see the doctor today. I was sitting here on the couch pretty as you please watching TV, not really doing anything. I had just got done eating about 1c. of ice cream......Now when I say, I had just got done- in reality I hadn't touched it in about 15 minutes or so. Also- please realize that it takes me a while to eat whatever I am eating. I probably was working on that for 35 minutes or so. . I then felt a drainage in the back of my throat. All the sudden- no cough, no clearing of my throat to dislodge anything. NOTHING. I didn't know what it could be be, and just as the light bulb went off, it was going down the back of my throat and out my mouth. "IT" being bright red blood.. YIKES. Lets just say my bathroom sink looked like a butchered a pig and drained the blood in there.
What is was is that a scab came off and I started bleeding really bad- tons of blood flowing from my mouth. It was really scary. It stopped by it self after about 20 minutes. I lost a good bit of blood (about 1 1/4 or so cups). I called Lance to come get me...I almost called an ambulance, but Lance said he could come right then to get me..and the ENT Doctor's Office said to come there instead so I didn't...I just waited for Lance. In the meantime (Approx 20 min.) it stopped.
The doc. kept me at the office to see if it would start again- it didn't. I had instructions to not eat anything. Only suck on ice chips and drink water- small amounts at a time. and NO TALKING. That is the hardest part. Gretchen came over to stay with me so Lance could go back to work, and I am pretty much sticking with the no talking. We hooked up her computer here and we are talking back and forth through them on instant messaging ha ha ha. Plus he also gave me Demerol on top on my Lortab for pain. That really helps also. He says that will help keep the scabs from coming off and keep it from bleeding...I don't understand that, but if staying doped up and not in pain keeps me from bleeding- BRING IT ON!!!!! Can't type too long b/c my eyes cross.... I started this blog this afternoon, and had to save it and keep writing on it about 4 times b/c I keep falling asleep. HA HA HA.
Gretchen has gone home- she is such a sweetheart. I am so blessed by God to have such great friends and family. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!