I knew that Lance had really good ability with directions, and reading maps...remembering routes, etc...but what I UNDERESTIMATED is what basically amounts to a photographic map in his head. That man is like a homing pigeon...just not extint obviously. I had this all planned out for my surprise weekend trip. I put my sleep mask on him and he wouldn't have a CLUE where we went.... I got him in the car thinking we were going to the airport. He knew what street were where on..and were....exactly. I made so many turns I WAS LOST...and I could see where we were going. He knew where we were based on the the ROAD SOUND. :)
I got on I-10 West, and he knew it immediately. Okay- I can give him that. We were going fast...but then he blurted out that he knew that we were going west b/c of the sunlight over his left shoulder was more warm. UGH. Darn the Florida sunshine! I thought he would go to sleep, but no such luck. He knew when we were going over the Mobile Bay Bridge, then the tunnel in mobile...and then the freaky part was the called the second we could come out of it. I swear.
I gave up on the blind fold before Biloxi as we both had to wee and eat. Then right outside of Biloxi I acted like I was going to turn right to go on I-110 then I swerved to the left to stay on I-10. Tricky, huh? ha ha ha. He was then intrigued. hee hee. I said I would never go to New Orleans, so he really didn't know where we were going. I then acted like we were going to go Baton Rouge...then of course I didn't and it was obvious we were going to New Orleans.
We had a blast. We had some serious adult party time. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Friday we were asleep by 1100pm, and Saturday by about 10pm. It was just what the doctor ordered. We had so much fun. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton/ Maison The Club level. It was basically like a bed and breakfast, but with the benefits of a hotel. We were SPOILED. I got a great deal as they canceled my reservation, and then I complained when I saw it later available online at a higher price. ;) I pulled out my inner Walker (that is my mother's maiden name..I learned how to do the "customer is always right" from her.).
We spent a lot of time just being with each other, and that was nice.
We ate beniets, saw some beads, drank some champagne, and walked looking at all the old stuff. It was nice. :)
On the way back we stayed at the beach one night, then saw the Our Bodies exhibit in Mobile. I loved it. Lance liked it too, but he saw dead body innards in gross anatomy so he wasn't as enthralled as I was. The only thing I was disappointed in was that they pregnant lady wasn't there. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!