Friday, February 22, 2008

Book Club...holy crap what have I done.

I have done it now. I was watching Oprah today and saw that they are reading a really cool book...of course. I got online and looked it up, and saw a link to book clubs in your area. I saw there there wasn't one for Pensacola. That sucked as I have been looking for one to join...I thought well, I will make one and see if anyone bites....and I have a biter. :)

YIPPEE!! I think. uh, what does running a book club entail besides reading a book? I mean, I am not going to have people come over to my house or anything so I need to figure out places to meet right? This is kinda cool. So far just one person has signed up, but this is just a few hours after I started it. I am kind of excited. This is on Oprah.com so maybe more people will sign up. This new book she is promoting is called A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. It seemed a little agey to me at first in the ideas in watching the show "a touchy feely" we are the world everything will be okay book....but it does seem to be an "awakening" book per SE. This is the book that they are doing on the book club right now. They are also doing an online class on it also. Interesting huh? We will see.

As I type this my uber intelligent neurologist hubby is rocking out to Guitar Hero 3 on the Wii. I can't blame him. I bought all of it for him. I unleashed the beast.

1 comment:

  1. Well that is exciting! I don't have time to finish a book, so I couldn't do it - but it sounds like you will have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!