Wall art....maybe i am artistic.
Okay, so I am now not a NICU nurse...right now I am a housewife until I start another job. I have the first part of an interview done at an urgent care clinic....paperwork in to do Flu shots October through December, and a friend that worked with a Cardiologist in B'ham has looked him here in P'cola and his office manager is going to contact me see about what can happen. It is going to be interesting and scary
Pros/Cons
Urgent Care- Pro...set my own hours, comfort zone for me, 4-6-8-12 hours shifts, work as needed Con....No insurance for me(under Lance's)- if we need extra insurance other than a Catholic institution, around sick people/contagious, possible not able to hours later after "sick" season dies down
Cardiology Clinic Pro....Long Term possibility, my own insurance (for non-Catholic covered stuffs), non contagious people, interesting job, doc with good reputation. Cons...Possibly M-F, 8-5pm...more rigid hours, less time to do stuff that lance and I decided I would take more responsibility for.
??? The flu shot doesn't really factor in- it is a transient job.
SO you are wondering what the picture is about? I tried my hand a a little interior decorating. I stink at it, so I am quite proud actually. The picture frame contains pictures my friend Gretchen and I took in Puerto Rico at our friends Luke and Jennifer's April wedding. I hung all the parts with a laser level- ALL BY MYSELF. ;) I am quite handy dandy. Learned my limits after trying to tackle my house. NEVER AGAIN. ugh.
My next creative venture is a sewing class on the 19th of September. I am going to learn how to use the sewing machine Lance's mother got me for Christmas in 2005. THEN in a few weeks I am going to take a class to learn how to make curtains. Wish me luck. God help Lance- he may want me back at work full time again. I do have to say though- I am feeling more like myself than I have in years. It is really sad because I had forgotten who I was, and how it felt to be me. I am remembering how it feels to be carefree- in the not constantly stressed to the point you want to cry and snap every one's head off state. I feel like can actually enjoy myself doing something and not feel guilty about it....well, mostly. it is hard- So that is why I took a picture of my wall art.
I am feeling the energy to improve my surroundings and take pride in my house. I am happy to enjoy it. I want to. I am realizing now that my job was making me depressed, and am so glad that I got out of it before it smothered me and turned me into someone I didn't recognize....I was already starting to get there........
That is my wall art. My Happiness on Display.

Artistic or autistic? He he...
ReplyDelete