Monday, September 3, 2007

Bolts Will Kill Us

Bolts will kill us.

Current mood:annoyed

Okay, so we met with Gretchen...my B'ham Bitch- who I made me really homesick, and I miss everyone SOO MUCH...and we were on our way home and we hear through the open window (b/c the jeep's A/C is on the fritz again) THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. We are trying to figure out what the heck it is. I mean- it sounded like a flat tire- but the jeep was handling fine. It was really really weird.

So, we pull over at the next stop...THANK GOD FOR WAL- MART. There really is one on every corner. ha ha ha.

We get out and look...left rear tire- a huge ass (OBESE, GRETCHEN, OBESE) bolt is sticking out of this tire. NO KIDDING. okay- for those of your who know. We have had several close calls with bolts. The week of our wedding lance got stranded in Pensacola while the rest of EVERYONE ELSE was in Perdido Key b/c he got A BOLT in the left rear tire. Totally unrelated- b/c they took it and patched it. To bad it isn't a screw huh? No, we don't even get a good screw huge ass screw- we get bolted.

THEN summer of `06 Lance and I were driving up I-65 at around 75 MPH and a GARGANTUAN bolt flipped up off the tire of the car in front of us and hit our windshield. It was a spectacular site- and damn near killed us. Thank GOD Lance didn't jerk the wheel or the bold come all the way through the windshield and hit either of us. The Windshield had a shatter/hole in it..and the we found the bolt on the freakin' hood of all places the next day- it fell down in the crack and got lodged. God wanted us to see it. I think He has a theme for us. A message.

One of us is going out by Lightning.

Anyways- Tonight we got the tire changed with no problems and got home with out incident. I only realized that

1. Jeep tire jacks SUCK. I have had to change the tire in my Accord 3 times and my jack is so much easier and quicker to use. I had to crawl under the jeep to hold the cheap jack while he twisted it up. My butt was all sticking up in the air....NIIIIIICCCEEEE.

2. Wal-Marts on every Corner are nice. I will never complain again. Much better than the side of the road, accidentally in a fire ant bed...or in a GHETTO gas station like what happened to me one time. We had a total of 1 person ask if we needed help. That was nice of them. I know one time I had to change my tire I had one guy stand and pump his gas watching me the ENTIRE TIME- then when I was lowering the jack down, he DROVE OVER to ask if I needed anything. JERK. DON"T EVEN get me started about when christi and I had a flat in the middle of nowhere on the way back for CA. ugh.

3. (lesson I learned...) I will respect the bolt.

4. I am proud of my husband for changing the tire- AAA wasn't even called.

Check out my pic for a pic of lance changing the tire. Totally a camera phone moment...but it is cute.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy-tell me what you are thinking. Good, good,or good. :)

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!!!